Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Prabowo: Another Rp49 Trillion in Seized Funds to Arrive Next Month

| Source: CNN_ID Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Prabowo: Another Rp49 Trillion in Seized Funds to Arrive Next Month
Image: CNN_ID

President Prabowo Subianto stated that there will be another batch of seized funds from criminal activities amounting to approximately Rp49 trillion to be handed over to the government next month.

Prabowo made this remark while attending the handover of Rp10.27 trillion from the collection of administrative forest fines by the Forest Area Control Task Force (Satgas PKH).

Prabowo expressed his delight at being invited by the Attorney General’s Office (Kejagung) and Satgas PKH, as they consistently deliver seized funds in the tens of trillions.

“I am happy to be invited to events like this; every invitation involves seeing Rp10 trillion in physical form. I also received whispers that next month there will be a handover of Rp11 trillion, and I have been informed that there is approximately Rp39 trillion more,” said Prabowo at the Kejagung on Wednesday (13/5).

Prabowo explained that the Rp39 trillion is under the control of the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center (PPATK). He noted that these funds are likely proceeds from corruption or other criminal acts.

“Unclear funds; the corruptors or criminals might have fled Indonesia or passed away, leaving money in obscure accounts—perhaps they had many young wives or pets, so their heirs do not know about the money in those banks,” he said.

“It has been unclaimed for years, so I say if it has been neglected for so long, and we have announced it for a year with no one coming forward, then transfer it to the people. Next month, approximately Rp49 trillion,” Prabowo added.

Previously, Satgas PKH handed over Rp10.27 trillion from administrative fines.

The total value includes Rp3.423 trillion from administrative fines and Rp6.846 trillion from Satgas PKH’s efforts on PBB and non-PBB taxes.

Attendees at the handover included Defence Minister Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin, Finance Minister Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa, Head of BPKP Yusuf Ateh, National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Bahlil Lahadalia, and Head of BPI Danantara Rosan Roeslani.

Additionally, Satgas PKH plans to hand over 2.3 million hectares of land that has been successfully reclaimed.

View JSON | Print