Prabowo: Advance Troops to Depart for Gaza in One to Two Months
President Prabowo Subianto has said Indonesia will begin sending advance troops to the Gaza Strip within one to two months. The troops form part of the International Stabilisation Force (ISF), which will be stationed in the Palestinian territory.
Indonesia is currently preparing up to 8,000 Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) soldiers for deployment to Gaza. Their departure will be preceded by advance groups. "The advance groups will probably depart soon, perhaps within one to two months," Prabowo said following a Board of Peace meeting in Washington D.C., United States, on Thursday, 19 February 2026 local time.
Prabowo claimed that conditions in the Gaza Strip have improved. The Palestinian territory, which borders Egypt and Israel, was previously under intense Israeli military aggression.
According to Prabowo, the situation in the Gaza Strip is now better than it has been in recent years. He expressed confidence that Gaza's residents are receiving adequate supplies. "I believe the flow of food aid and necessities for the people of Gaza is at its highest in several years. So food is sufficient, and other necessities are flowing in abundantly," Prabowo said.
Prabowo had previously praised the ceasefire between Israeli forces and Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Palestine. According to Prabowo, the ceasefire has demonstrated concrete achievements.
Prabowo conveyed this assessment whilst speaking at the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace. "The achievement of this ceasefire is real, and we commend it," he stated during his address.
According to Prabowo, Indonesia agreed to send troops to Gaza to maintain a conducive situation and champion peace. Prabowo assessed that the ceasefire in the Gaza Strip has yielded tangible results. "Therefore, we reaffirm our commitment to contribute a significant number of troops, up to 8,000 or more if necessary," said the Gerindra Party chairman.
Indonesia has accepted an offer from the United States to assume the position of Deputy Commander of the International Stabilisation Force (ISF). This information was conveyed by US Major General Jasper Jeffers — appointed by US President Donald Trump as ISF Commander — during the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington, D.C.
Jeffers explained that ISF personnel are tasked with ensuring stabilisation in Gaza. The forces are planned for deployment across five different sectors in the Gaza Strip: Rafah, Khan Yunis, Deir el-Balah, Gaza City, and Northern Gaza. Each sector, Jeffers said, will receive one ISF brigade.
"In the short term, we plan to deploy troops to the Rafah sector first, in addition to police training," Jeffers said, as quoted from the White House live broadcast.
Indonesia is currently preparing up to 8,000 Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) soldiers for deployment to Gaza. Their departure will be preceded by advance groups. "The advance groups will probably depart soon, perhaps within one to two months," Prabowo said following a Board of Peace meeting in Washington D.C., United States, on Thursday, 19 February 2026 local time.
Prabowo claimed that conditions in the Gaza Strip have improved. The Palestinian territory, which borders Egypt and Israel, was previously under intense Israeli military aggression.
According to Prabowo, the situation in the Gaza Strip is now better than it has been in recent years. He expressed confidence that Gaza's residents are receiving adequate supplies. "I believe the flow of food aid and necessities for the people of Gaza is at its highest in several years. So food is sufficient, and other necessities are flowing in abundantly," Prabowo said.
Prabowo had previously praised the ceasefire between Israeli forces and Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Palestine. According to Prabowo, the ceasefire has demonstrated concrete achievements.
Prabowo conveyed this assessment whilst speaking at the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace. "The achievement of this ceasefire is real, and we commend it," he stated during his address.
According to Prabowo, Indonesia agreed to send troops to Gaza to maintain a conducive situation and champion peace. Prabowo assessed that the ceasefire in the Gaza Strip has yielded tangible results. "Therefore, we reaffirm our commitment to contribute a significant number of troops, up to 8,000 or more if necessary," said the Gerindra Party chairman.
Indonesia has accepted an offer from the United States to assume the position of Deputy Commander of the International Stabilisation Force (ISF). This information was conveyed by US Major General Jasper Jeffers — appointed by US President Donald Trump as ISF Commander — during the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington, D.C.
Jeffers explained that ISF personnel are tasked with ensuring stabilisation in Gaza. The forces are planned for deployment across five different sectors in the Gaza Strip: Rafah, Khan Yunis, Deir el-Balah, Gaza City, and Northern Gaza. Each sector, Jeffers said, will receive one ISF brigade.
"In the short term, we plan to deploy troops to the Rafah sector first, in addition to police training," Jeffers said, as quoted from the White House live broadcast.