Police Secure Man Demanding 'Coordination Fee' from Construction Workers in Bogor
Police have followed up on allegations of extortion carried out by a man against construction workers in a housing complex in Ciseeng sub-district, Bogor, West Java. The man has now been secured. “In connection with the circulating video, officers have also secured a man with the initials B who is suspected to be involved in the incident,” said Parung Police Sector Chief Kompol Maman Firmansyah on Monday (27/4/2026). The perpetrator was then taken to the police station for further processing. Maman said that B is currently undergoing examination by investigators. “The individual is currently in the process of being questioned at Parung Police Sector for further deepening,” he explained. He urged the public to remain calm and not to be easily provoked by unverified information. His side will handle every report professionally. Previously, a video of alleged extortion against construction workers in a housing complex in Ciseeng sub-district, Bogor, West Java, circulated on social media. In the viewed video, the man was heard asking for a ‘share’ from the construction workers. He requested it without specifying the exact amount. “Those who work, how much do you want to give, as you please. Sorry, this isn’t a fixed amount, whether 200 or even 500,” said the man from atop his motorbike. It was narrated that the alleged extortion was termed as ‘coordination money’. The man said that every construction worker there was charged that ‘coordination money’. When confirmed, Parung Police Sector Chief Kompol Maman Firmansyah said that his side would investigate the alleged extortion incident. “It’s being investigated,” said Maman.