Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Police Investigate Alleged Abuse of Toddler at Banda Aceh Daycare

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Police Investigate Alleged Abuse of Toddler at Banda Aceh Daycare
Image: ANTARA_ID

The Unit for Women’s and Children’s Services (PPA) of the Satreskrim at Banda Aceh Police Resort is investigating a case of alleged abuse against an 18-month-old toddler at the Baby Preneur daycare in Syiah Kuala sub-district, Banda Aceh.

“This incident has come to light twice, on 24 and 27 April 2026,” said the Head of Satreskrim at Banda Aceh Police Resort, Commissioner Miftahuda Dizha Fezuono, in Banda Aceh on Tuesday.

Previously, CCTV footage of the alleged child abuse at Baby Preneur Daycare (DBP) went viral on social media, drawing public attention and prompting police involvement.

The DBP management has also issued an apology via their Instagram account, stating that the suspected perpetrator has been dishonourably dismissed and is under police investigation.

The Head of Criminal Investigation stated that, regarding the case, investigators have so far taken statements from six individuals, including those from the foundation and the caregiver suspected of being the perpetrator, among others.

“It is true, we have questioned six witnesses regarding the under-age child abuse case at one of the child care foundations in Banda Aceh,” he said.

So far, he continued, a joint team from Unit IV/PPA and the Rimueng Team of Satreskrim at Banda Aceh Police Resort, supported by the Mobile Brigade of Subdit III Ditreskrimum at Aceh Provincial Police, has arrested the suspected perpetrator with the initials DS (24) for questioning regarding the alleged abuse on two occasions, namely on 24 and 27 April 2026.

“Currently, it is still under further investigation, and we will provide further explanations once all statements have been recorded,” said Commissioner Dizha.

View JSON | Print