Police Confirm Reports of a Model Being Mugged in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, Are Hoaxes
Police confirm that information circulating on social media about a model with the initials ADV who is alleged to have been the victim of a mugging on the Kebon Jeruk Toll Road, West Jakarta, is a hoax. This was confirmed after investigations by the joint team from Reserse Perlindungan Perempuan dan Anak-Pidana Perdagangan Orang (PPA-PPO) of Polda Metro Jaya, Polres Jakarta Barat, and Polsek Kebon Jeruk. ‘We emphasise that the person concerned was not the victim of a mugging or any other criminal act,’ said the Public Relations Head of Polda Metro Jaya, Chief Commissioner Budi Hermanto, at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters, on Wednesday (20 May 2026). Based on the model’s confession and the initial uploader of the information, the action was driven by mischief and to exploit the widely discussed mugging situation. ‘Firstly, due to mischief; secondly, to glorify several viral mugging incidents. This has been looked into this afternoon and followed up,’ said Budi. As a result, there is no ADV name registered in the last month. Nevertheless, the police continued to provide psychological support to ADV. Responding to the incident, Budi urged the public to be prudent when using social media, especially when sharing information in the current climate. The alleged mugging news first surfaced in a thread on the Threads platform from the account @hmzr39. In the post, the victim initials ADV is said to have just returned from a modelling shoot around 00:00 WIB. The thread also claimed that the victim sustained a stab wound to the head and had to be rushed to Sumber Waras Hospital, Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta.