Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Police Chief: Employees and 26 Chinese Nationals Evacuated from Mining Site

| Source: ANTARA_ID | Politics

Jayapura (ANTARA) - Nabire Police Chief AKBP Samuel Tatiratu said a joint team comprising TNI and Polri personnel is currently working to evacuate employees of PT Kristalin Nabire, including 26 Chinese nationals present at a gold mining site in Legari, Nabire Regency, Central Papua.

The evacuation was carried out after the area was attacked by an armed criminal group (KKB) led by Aibon Kogoya, resulting in two fatalities.

“We are currently working to evacuate employees, including 26 Chinese nationals, from the mining site,” AKBP Samuel Tatiratu told Antara on Sunday.

He said his team would also evacuate artisanal gold miners, with search operations to be conducted along the Musairo River, noting that approximately 75 people had already been evacuated the previous day, Saturday (21/2).

The evacuation is being carried out to prevent further security disturbances by the armed group.

“We are still working to evacuate both employees and artisanal miners around the Musairo River, Legari,” said AKBP Samuel Tatiratu, who was contacted from Jayapura.

When asked about the identity of the bodies found at the scene, the Nabire Police Chief said he had not yet received identification results from Nabire Regional General Hospital.

“I am still in Legari, and as of now I have not received any report on the autopsy results for the bodies found at the PT Kristalin post,” the Police Chief said.

View JSON | Print