Parents Reveal How They Discovered Their Child Was a Victim of Bullying and Electrocution in Central Jakarta
The parents of MWP (6), a child victim of bullying at Kramat Park in Central Jakarta, have recounted the moment they first discovered their son unconscious after he went out to play near their home. At the time, they were unaware that MWP had been bullied and initially thought he had suffered an accident.
The victim’s mother, V (26), said the incident began on Sunday (7/6) when MWP asked permission to play outside. Believing the neighbourhood was safe, she allowed him to go. “On Sunday, I was at home. He asked me for some money and said he wanted to go to the field or the park. I let him go because he usually comes back home,” V said when met in Menteng, Central Jakarta, on Saturday (13/6/2026).
However, after about an hour, MWP had not returned. Shortly afterwards, a neighbour’s child came to inform her that MWP was lying on the ground at the field. “A child came to my house and told me, ‘Mama Wildan, Wildan has fainted on the field,’” she said.
V admitted she was shocked because she did not know what had happened. When found, her son was already unconscious, with his clothes wet and his body turning blue. “I didn’t know what had been done to him. He was already unconscious, lying on the field with his clothes wet. His whole body was bluish,” she said.
The victim’s father then took MWP for medical treatment. After being moved between hospitals, MWP was eventually treated at Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (RSCM). According to V, her son’s condition was extremely critical, and he was unconscious and treated in the ICU. “At RSCM, he was taken to the ICU. He was unconscious from eight in the evening until ten at night. He was even in a coma,” she said.
The family only discovered that MWP was allegedly a victim of bullying after viewing CCTV footage from the scene the following day. “I found out when I saw the CCTV footage. We watched the footage of the incident on Tuesday,” V said. Upon seeing the recording, V said she could not contain her emotions and even wanted to confront the perpetrators. “I cried and was also upset. I wanted to go to the perpetrators’ house, but my family held me back,” she said.
The victim’s father, B (29), expressed similar feelings of anger and sadness over the incident. However, the family has decided to leave the legal process to the police. “Of course I’m upset and angry. As the victim’s parent, I’m furious. But we’ve handed it over to the police and are asking for justice,” B said.
B described MWP as an active child who enjoys playing. Despite having a disability since birth, his son is cheerful and sociable with his friends. “He was always active, liked to play like any other child. He has had a disability since birth, but he is active,” he said.
As previously reported, the six-year-old boy was bullied by two teenagers while playing at Kramat Park on Sunday (7/6). The victim was lifted by the two perpetrators and taken to an electrical pole, where he was subsequently electrocuted. The two suspects initially fled, then returned to drag the victim away from the pole. Police have since detained the two perpetrators, aged 17 and 16.