Pandeglang's DPMPTSP Head in Banten Named a Suspect in Collision Involving Schoolchildren; to be Temporarily Suspended
The Pandeglang Regency Government will temporarily suspend Ahmad Mursidi, the head of the Investment and One-Stop Integrated Service Office (DPMPTSP), after he was named a suspect in a crash that struck a crowd of students from SDN Sukaratu 5. The incident occurred in Majasari District, Pandeglang Regency, on Thursday 30 April at around 09:30 WIB. Nine people were reported injured in the incident, with two others subsequently reported dead — Dewi Handayani, a trader, and Muhamad Milal, a student.
Sekretaris Daerah Pandeglang, Asep Rahmat, confirmed that Ahmad Mursidi had been named a suspect following the investigation. Under the National Civil Service Regulation No. 4 of 2020, civil servants can be suspended when named suspects; the suspension takes effect at the end of the month. He said: “For now it isn’t the end of the month, but at the end of the month he will be suspended temporarily.” Permanent dismissal will await a final and legally binding court decision.
Asep added that Mursidi is currently on sick leave, and the DPMPTSP headship is being filled by an acting head. “Dismissal will be permanent after there is a legally binding ruling,” he explained. The regency government says it fully supports the legal process being pursued by law enforcement authorities and will leave the matter in their hands.
Asep noted that at the time of the fatal crash, Mursidi was on leave. Consequently, the Pandeglang government has said it would not provide legal assistance to him; “If it is considered that while on leave there is no government support unless he requests it and we will review that,” he added.
Earlier, police named Mursidi as a suspect after the crash at Sukaratu 5. AKBP Dhyno Indra Setyadi told reporters on Wednesday (13 May) that, following the case review, he had been designated as a suspect.