Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

PAN Condemns 27 Men for Raping Teenager in Sampang: Prosecute Immediately

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Legal
PAN Condemns 27 Men for Raping Teenager in Sampang: Prosecute Immediately
Image: DETIK

A member of the House of Representatives Commission III from the National Mandate Party (PAN) has expressed deep concern over the case of 27 men who raped a teenage girl in Sampang, Madura. The lawmaker praised the police for swiftly processing the case after it was reported by the victim’s family. “Regarding the case of the rape of a teenage girl by 27 men in Sampang, Madura, we are deeply concerned and strongly condemn the incident. I appreciate the speed of the Sampang Police Chief in immediately handling and processing this case,” the legislator told reporters on Sunday (12/7/2026). Expressing outrage at the perpetrators’ barbaric acts, the lawmaker urged the police to handle the case by applying the Sexual Violence Crime Law (TPKS). “This is a heartbreaking case, a minor was raped by barbaric men. We are confident the investigators will work professionally and adhere to the provisions regarding the judicial process for minors, as the victim is underage. They should also follow the Sexual Violence Law, which clearly regulates the types of violations,” she said. She also called on the police chief to make every effort to arrest the perpetrators who are still at large and process them immediately, as they pose a danger to other girls. She stressed that the process must be professional, proportional, transparent, and accountable. The case came to light after the victim and her family reported it to the police. The Sampang Police Chief stated that the incident occurred over a period of four months, from February to May 2026, with the assaults taking place at three different locations around 9 p.m. local time. The victim’s family only reported the case on 29 June 2026 due to the severe trauma suffered by the girl. Following an investigation, police named 27 suspects and have so far arrested 12 of them. The remaining 15 suspects are still being pursued, and police have issued an ultimatum for them to surrender immediately. “The other 15 suspects must surrender as soon as possible. Within three days, we will issue a wanted list and take firm, measured action,” the police chief said.

View JSON | Print