PAM Jaya Apologises to Jakartans for Road Excavations
PT PAM Jaya has apologised to the public for the disruption caused by its pipeline construction, which has slowed traffic in several areas of Jakarta. The municipally owned water company’s President Director, Arief Nasrudin, stated that the ongoing construction involves approximately 1,200 kilometres of new pipes, bringing the total network laid in Jakarta to 13,200 kilometres. However, the work is far from over. “Once again, I apologise to all road users, because it is impossible for us not to use the road shoulder to complete the pipelining in Jakarta,” Arief said, accompanied by PAM Jaya’s Chief Commissioner Prasetyo Edi Marsudi, at the Jakarta Water Hero event at City Hall, Central Jakarta, on Friday (26/6/2026). He noted that PAM Jaya’s service coverage has now reached 82 per cent, serving 8.9 million residents. Arief explained that the Jakarta Provincial Government has set a target for PAM Jaya to serve 100 per cent of the capital’s residents by 2029, requiring the construction of approximately 2,000 more kilometres of pipeline. “There are still more than 2,000 kilometres that we must complete,” Arief said. Previously, Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung Wibowo had set the 2029 target for PAM Jaya to serve all Jakarta residents. While many consider the target overly ambitious, he expressed confidence that PAM Jaya can meet it on time. “Currently, PAM Jaya’s achievement is 82 per cent. And I am confident that with three years remaining, it will certainly be able to reach 100 per cent,” Pramono said.