North Jakarta City Government Commits to Resolving Out-of-School Children and Compulsory Education
Jakarta (ANTARA) - Bunda PAUD for North Jakarta City, Fida Hendra, has emphasised the collective commitment in the programme to accelerate one-year pre-school compulsory education and resolve out-of-school children (ATS) through synergy between local government, educational units, and stakeholders. “We will strengthen the synergy between local government, educational units, and various stakeholders to ensure that all children receive access to education from an early age until completion,” said Fida in Jakarta on Tuesday. She also expressed readiness to continue supporting inclusive and equitable education programmes in the North Jakarta region. The statement was made after Bunda PAUD for North Jakarta signed a joint commitment in the programme to accelerate one-year pre-school compulsory education and resolve out-of-school children (ATS) at the PKK Melati Jaya Building in Jakarta on Monday (11/5). According to Fida, early childhood education is an important foundation in shaping the character and quality of future generations. Through this collaboration, it is hoped that all children can obtain their right to decent education, thereby creating a generation that is intelligent, of good character, and ready to face the future. “The programme to accelerate one-year pre-school compulsory education and resolve ATS is expected to be a concrete step in realising quality and equitable education for all children in North Jakarta,” said Fida. Previously, the Chair of the PAUD and Equity Working Team at the DKI Jakarta Education Quality Assurance Agency (BPMP), Heni Mulyani, stated that the number of out-of-school children (ATS) in North Jakarta, based on data from the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education (Kemendikdasmen), reaches more than 22,000 people. “This condition is a shared challenge and must be addressed cross-sectorally because it is not merely an educational issue, but a crucial social problem,” said Heni at the signing of the 13-year compulsory education commitment in North Jakarta on Tuesday.