New Facts in Bandung Woman's Captivity Case: Perpetrator Previously Tortured Ex-Wife
Taufik Hidayat (30) has officially been placed on the Wanted Persons List (DPO) in the case of the captivity and abuse of his girlfriend, YTR (29). The West Java Regional Police have disclosed that Taufik Hidayat’s ex-wife is also suspected of having previously experienced violence at the hands of the perpetrator.
West Java Police Public Relations Head, Commissioner Hendra Rochmawan, stated that police have identified the perpetrator’s ex-wife. However, the torture inflicted on the ex-wife was not as severe as that suffered by YTR. “We identified and found that the perpetrator’s ex-wife was also treated the same way (tortured), but not as severely as this victim (YTR),” Hendra said when met in Cisarua on Tuesday (23/6/2026).
Regarding the possibility of other victims widely discussed on social media, Hendra noted that so far there have been no official reports from other parties claiming to be victims of Taufik Hidayat’s actions. “As for other victims, we are still waiting to see if anyone is willing to report or not. But so far, there has only been one official report of a victim,” Hendra revealed.
Hendra stressed that Taufik Hidayat is still being hunted. His party has formed a special team to apprehend the man, whose whereabouts remain unknown. “Technically, we cannot disclose details, but we have traced and are pursuing him. We have formed a special joint team involving all detective units and other teams. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon,” Hendra stated.
Previously, West Java Governor Dedi Mulyadi announced a reward for members of the public who successfully provide information regarding the whereabouts of Taufik Hidayat, a fugitive in the case of the alleged three-year captivity and abuse of a woman from Bandung. The victim, identified by the initials YTR (29), was found with a destroyed face and wounds all over her body.
Dedi has prepared a prize of Rp 250 million for anyone who can provide accurate information leading to the perpetrator being found and arrested by law enforcement officials. This firm step was taken after Dedi expressed outrage over the violence suffered by the victim. According to him, the perpetrator’s actions were inhuman, leaving physical scars and deep trauma for the victim.
“A barbaric incident has occurred in West Java. A woman who was sought, held captive, abused, her two eyes disabled so she can no longer see, and her lips possibly cut, her entire body blistered and damaged,” Dedi said in his statement on Tuesday (23/6/2026).