Nanik S Deyang Requests Prayers Following Appointment as New Head of National Nutrition Agency
Nanik S Deyang has expressed her gratitude for the well-wishes following her appointment as the new Head of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN). “Thank you very much for the congratulations and prayers. This is an extremely large and heavy mandate and responsibility for me,” Nanik told reporters on Wednesday (3/6/2026).
Nanik stated that she will ensure Indonesian children receive proper nutrition through the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme. She also emphasised her efforts to stimulate the people’s economy through the initiative. “To ensure that Indonesian children receive the best nutrition, as well as to revitalise the people’s economy,” she said.
Finally, she requested public support, expressing hope that she can carry out her duties effectively. “Please support me and pray that I can perform my duties well and smoothly. May your good prayers be rewarded by Allah SWT,” she added.
Previously, President Prabowo decided to remove Dadan Hindayana from his position as Head of the National Nutrition Agency. In addition to Dadan, the Deputy Heads of the BGN, Lodewyk Pusung and Sony Sanjaya, were also dismissed. The announcement of these removals was delivered by State Secretary Prasetyo Hadi, accompanied by Cabinet Secretary Teddy Indra Wijaya and Kabakom M Qodari, at the Presidential Palace on Tuesday (2/6). Prasetyo stated that the decision was made by Prabowo following performance monitoring and evaluation of the BGN leadership.
The new leadership of the BGN consists of Nanik S Deyang as Head, with the Deputy positions filled by Agustina Arum Sari and Major General TNI Trenggono.