Mistaken for Fugitive in Dedi Mulyadi's Manhunt, Man Resembling Taufik Hidayat Speaks Out
A man named Aditya Pratama Putra has spoken out after being mistaken for Taufik Hidayat, the man suspected of torturing and confining YTR (29) in his rented room in the Cileunyi area of Bandung Regency, West Java. The clarification was made by Aditya through a video uploaded to his Instagram account @aditya.peratama. Aditya also wrote a clarification in the post, including a plea to West Java Governor Dedi Mulyadi, who has launched a manhunt with a reward for capturing Taufik. “Permission @dedimulyadi71, I request your protection because you have just announced a cash prize for anyone who finds the perpetrator. Please share this clarification video, I am afraid of being attacked by a mob on the street,” Aditya wrote. CNNIndonesia.com has received permission from Aditya to publish the clarification video.
In his video, Aditya revealed that he had already been targeted by men who stared at him because they thought he was Taufik. “My name is Aditya Pratama Putra, domiciled in Soreang, Bandung Regency. I am making this clarification video to state that I am not Taufik Hidayat,” he said in the video, as quoted on Tuesday (23/6). Aditya recounted being stared at by some men in a minimarket because he was mistaken for Taufik Hidayat, the fugitive suspected of abuse and confinement. “Here I want to clarify that I am not Taufik Hidayat as in this photo. Yes, there is a slight resemblance, but that is not me. I would never abuse a woman; if an ant lands on my hand, I blow it away, I don’t slap it. Even when I swat a mosquito, I think about what its children will eat. So I am not the psychopathic type like that,” he continued.
In the video, Aditya also asked the police and the public to stop mistaking him for Taufik Hidayat. “So please, to the police, friends, or citizens of Indonesia, Bandung and surrounding areas, if you see me on the street, I am not Taufik Hidayat,” he said. Previously, a woman with the initials YTR was allegedly abused and confined by her boyfriend Taufik Hidayat for three years in his rented room in the Cileunyi area, Bandung Regency, West Java. As a result of the incident, the 29-year-old woman suffered severe injuries, including impaired vision, a cleft lip, difficulty speaking, and an inability to walk. The alleged abuse case was reported by the family to the West Java Regional Police on Friday, 12 June 2026. The victim’s sister, Melanie Silviani, said the victim is still receiving intensive care at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung. Police have named Taufik Hidayat as a fugitive in this case. Meanwhile, West Java Governor Dedi Mulyadi has launched a manhunt to accelerate the search for Taufik Hidayat. Dedi announced a reward of Rp250 million for anyone who can provide accurate information about the fugitive’s whereabouts to the authorities or assist until the individual is apprehended. He called on the people of West Java and all Indonesian citizens to participate in helping the authorities find the suspected perpetrator. According to him, public involvement can speed up the law enforcement process and deliver justice for the victim. “To all citizens, let us help find him together. Whoever knows his whereabouts, immediately inform the authorities so that the person concerned can be arrested promptly,” he said via his Instagram account on Monday (23/6).