Minister of Housing Approves Additional Quota of 50,000 Subsidised Houses in Central Java
Brebes (ANTARA) - Housing and Settlement Areas Minister Maruarar Sirait has approved Governor Ahmad Luthfi’s request for an additional quota of 50,000 subsidised houses in Central Java as an effort to accelerate the fulfilment of housing needs for the community and as a driver of the regional economy.
“The Governor also requested an increase in the subsidised housing quota earlier. Last year it was around 25,000, and he requested 50,000; I approve,” he said in Brebes, Central Java, on Saturday.
According to him, the increase in the subsidised housing quota will have a significant impact on economic circulation in Central Java, especially if accompanied by the expansion of the home renovation programme.
“Imagine if the subsidised houses are around 50,000 units and the home renovations are 30,000 units. This will drive the economy,” he said.
He further noted that Bank Jateng is recorded as one of the regional development banks with the largest national disbursement of housing financing.
Governor Ahmad Luthfi stated that housing development is part of basic public services that must be carried out through cross-sector collaboration from the central government to village governments.
“In building Central Java Province, we must collaborate. Collaboration means togetherness, it means working together,” he said.
In addition, he highlighted the importance of spatial planning certainty for housing developers.
“We ask district/city governments to accelerate the resolution of spatial planning so that housing development does not conflict with protected paddy fields. Protect our region, create a sense of security, peace, and mutual cooperation as the breath of Central Java Province,” he said.