Metro Jaya Police arrest four more mugging suspects in the Jakarta area
Jakarta – The Begal Hunting Team (Tim Pemburu Begal) formed by the Metro Jaya Regional Police has again arrested four perpetrators involved in robberies with violence in the Jakarta metropolitan area. The Director of General Criminal Investigations (Reserse Kriminal Umum) at Polda Metro Jaya, Police Commissioner Iman Imanuddin, said the suspects had gone viral on social media.
‘As we know, a while ago there were viral incidents of robberies with violence in the Duren Sawit area, then in Rawamangun, then Kebon Jeruk, and Bekasi,’ he said in Jakarta on Thursday.
Iman explained that two of the mugging suspects brandished firearms, prompting the Begal Hunting Team to take measured and decisive action. ‘Because previously the suspects had also injured their victims using those firearms, the victims sustained gunshot wounds to the legs and required hospital treatment,’ he said.
‘Tentatively, good cooperation between the public and the police will provide security for all of us. We will continue to strive to realise a sense of safety for residents of the capital, particularly Jakarta, Bekasi, Tangerang, Depok and surrounding areas,’ Iman said.
Iman added that the total number of mugging suspects arrested by the Begal Hunting Team by the fourth day was 20 people.