Menhaj: Departure of Hajj pilgrims proceeds according to schedule
Jombang (ANTARA) - The Minister of Hajj and Umrah, Mochamad Irfan Yusuf, emphasised that the departure of prospective Hajj pilgrims for the 2026 Hajj season is still proceeding according to the previously scheduled plan.
“Regarding the departure of prospective Hajj pilgrims, there has been no change up to now; it remains on 21 April 2026 for pilgrims to enter the Hajj dormitory, followed by departure on 22 April,” said Mochamad Irfan Yusuf in a statement received in Jombang, East Java, on Sunday.
He revealed that the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has already made preparations and is simply awaiting the departure date. This is akin to organising a wedding, where one prepares for the event by paying for the venue, catering, uniforms, and so forth.
“Everything is ready; we are just waiting for the day of departure for the prospective Hajj pilgrims,” he said.
His side is also continuously monitoring the conflict in the Middle East. The government is coordinating with various parties to ensure that the Hajj process runs smoothly.
Gus Irfan, as he is affectionately known, also hopes that the conflict will subside so that Muslims can perform the Hajj pilgrimage in peace.
“By respecting that, they will lower the tension of the conflict, allowing Muslims to perform Hajj calmly and carry out their worship to the best of their ability,” he said.
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah is also committed to ensuring that the organisation of the 2026 Hajj reflects smooth, clean public services free from any form of deviation.
In managing the Hajj, the allocated budget reaches Rp18 trillion, so the government prioritises the importance of accountability in every process of budget management.