Legislator Pushes for Revitalisation and Free Access to Pancuran 13 Guci
Jakarta (ANTARA) - Member of Commission X of the House of Representatives (DPR RI) Abdul Fikri Faqih is pushing for the accelerated recovery and comprehensive reorganisation of the Guci Tourist Area in Tegal Regency, Central Java, following a natural disaster, and has proposed that access to the iconic Pancuran 13 pool be made free of charge.
According to Fikri, quoted in Jakarta on Thursday, the measure would help restore the local economy and attract tourists back after visitor numbers had plummeted sharply.
"We have listened to the aspirations of the community, who wish to restore the management arrangements to those in place before 2019. Before 2019, visitors to Pancuran 13 Guci were charged Rp10,000. After the Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA) under the Ministry of Forestry entered into a partnership with a private operator, entry fees were introduced and eventually rose to Rp27,000," he said.
He had conveyed this during a visit accompanying the Speaker of the People's Consultative Assembly (MPR RI) Ahmad Muzani, who inspected the condition of the Pancuran 13 area on Monday (16 February).
The inspection was also attended by Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs Romo Muhammad Syafiie, DPR RI members Novita Wijayanti and Danang Wicaksana, as well as representatives from the Ministry of Tourism and the Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA).
Fikri then affirmed that once the revitalisation and reconstruction of the area is completed, its management must be handed back to local residents without any burdensome levies.
"Management should be returned to the community — even the indigenous community has expressed readiness to manage it. Once again, this fee-free management is intended to strengthen the significance and meaning of Pancuran 13's existence," he said.
Furthermore, Fikri added, the revitalisation of Guci tourism must not focus solely on physical infrastructure development. Comprehensive reorganisation, he said, must also include reforestation and concrete mitigation measures to prevent a similar flash flood disaster from recurring in the future.
The move to abolish fees is also in line with the hopes of the local community. Guci community leader Beni Khaeroni stated that Pancuran 13 had been a public facility from the outset.
"We hope that in the future no fees will be charged, so that it once again becomes an attraction and provides broad benefits for residents," Beni said.
According to Fikri, quoted in Jakarta on Thursday, the measure would help restore the local economy and attract tourists back after visitor numbers had plummeted sharply.
"We have listened to the aspirations of the community, who wish to restore the management arrangements to those in place before 2019. Before 2019, visitors to Pancuran 13 Guci were charged Rp10,000. After the Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA) under the Ministry of Forestry entered into a partnership with a private operator, entry fees were introduced and eventually rose to Rp27,000," he said.
He had conveyed this during a visit accompanying the Speaker of the People's Consultative Assembly (MPR RI) Ahmad Muzani, who inspected the condition of the Pancuran 13 area on Monday (16 February).
The inspection was also attended by Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs Romo Muhammad Syafiie, DPR RI members Novita Wijayanti and Danang Wicaksana, as well as representatives from the Ministry of Tourism and the Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA).
Fikri then affirmed that once the revitalisation and reconstruction of the area is completed, its management must be handed back to local residents without any burdensome levies.
"Management should be returned to the community — even the indigenous community has expressed readiness to manage it. Once again, this fee-free management is intended to strengthen the significance and meaning of Pancuran 13's existence," he said.
Furthermore, Fikri added, the revitalisation of Guci tourism must not focus solely on physical infrastructure development. Comprehensive reorganisation, he said, must also include reforestation and concrete mitigation measures to prevent a similar flash flood disaster from recurring in the future.
The move to abolish fees is also in line with the hopes of the local community. Guci community leader Beni Khaeroni stated that Pancuran 13 had been a public facility from the outset.
"We hope that in the future no fees will be charged, so that it once again becomes an attraction and provides broad benefits for residents," Beni said.