Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Lawyer for Orphanage Owner in Buleleng Speaks Out on Rape Allegations

| Source: DETIK_BALI Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Lawyer for Orphanage Owner in Buleleng Speaks Out on Rape Allegations
Image: DETIK_BALI

The lawyer for the owner of Ganesha Sevanam Orphanage in Jagaraga Village, Sawan Subdistrict, Buleleng, Bali, Jro Mangku Wijaya Dangin (previously referred to by the initials JMW), has spoken out regarding the allegations of child rape against his client. The lawyer assesses that the current media coverage tends to be one-sided and may not necessarily reflect the actual facts.

“At present, there is a framing that we consider excessive and not necessarily in line with the real events on the ground. All accusations, including the alleged rape, must be proven in court,” said the lawyer Mangku Wijaya, Kadek Cita Ardana Yudi, on Tuesday (31/3/2026).

According to Kadek Cita, based on initial data, statements from several parties, and the preliminary analysis by the legal team, there are several inconsistencies in the report submitted by the complainant. Cita Ardana claims to have found indications of events differing from those reported to law enforcement authorities.

According to Kadek Cita, the complainant had previously received assistance from Mangku Wijaya’s family, enabling them to live independently with their siblings. Even now, three children from the complainant remain under the care of Ganesha Sevanam Orphanage.

“The complainant’s youngest sibling was once placed at the orphanage. However, due to frequent rule violations, they were eventually returned to the family. Not long after that, a police report emerged with differing allegations,” said Kadek Cita.

The actions taken by the orphanage, Kadek Cita clarified, were initially part of guidance efforts. However, when the situation escalated and was deemed potentially criminal, the orphanage chose not to handle it internally any longer.

“The child was then returned to the family so that further handling could be carried out in accordance with applicable legal mechanisms,” explained Kadek Cita.

Kadek Cita is also investigating several other possibilities deemed related to dynamics outside the main case. One of them concerns the planned 150 kV Pemaron-Kubu electricity transmission network project, which previously faced opposition from Mangku Wijaya.

“Our client openly expressed objections because the project route crosses the orphanage area, including issues of impact and compensation deemed not yet proportional,” revealed Kadek Cita.

In addition, they highlighted the swift response from several parties in addressing this case. Kadek Cita questioned whether there is any connection to the orphanage’s previous unwillingness to sign certain documents without clarity on aid realisation.

“We are still comprehensively examining all those possibilities; there is no conclusion yet. However, all aspects must be viewed objectively and proportionately,” emphasised Kadek Cita.

Kadek Cita also reminded relevant parties, including the social services department, not to take hasty actions that could potentially impact the psychological condition of the children at the orphanage.

“Do not let the emotional bonds that have been built between the children and the orphanage parties be damaged due to careless handling,” requested Kadek Cita.

It was previously reported that the owner of Ganesha Sevanam Orphanage in Sawan Subdistrict, Buleleng, Bali, JMW, has been officially named as a suspect. JMW is suspected of being involved in a case of assault leading to rape against a child under his care.

Buleleng Police Chief, AKBP Ruzi Gusman, stated that the suspect was named after the police obtained sufficient evidence from the investigation. The investigation was conducted following a report from one of the victims.

“We have conducted an investigation based on the complainant’s report. From there, we endeavoured to gather evidence, and once sufficient, coercive measures were taken in the form of arresting the suspect, followed by detention,” said Ruzi, on Wednesday (30/3/2026).

Ruzi revealed that the suspect was arrested on Monday night (30/3/2026) and is now detained.

View JSON | Print