Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Laid off since 2025, 394 ex-honorary staff of NTB Provincial Government receive Rp 3.5 million severance payment

| Source: DETIK_BALI Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
Laid off since 2025, 394 ex-honorary staff of NTB Provincial Government receive Rp 3.5 million severance payment
Image: DETIK_BALI

Up to 394 former honorary staff within the Nusa Tenggara Barat Provincial Government (Pemprov NTB) received a severance payment of Rp 3.5 million each after being laid off in December 2025. Although still unemployed, some ex-honorary staff said they accepted the decision with equanimity.

One former staff member, Muhamad Daffa Aldiansyah, said he remained grateful for the NTB Provincial Government’s attention, even though the amount did not match the promise previously made. “Given my years of service, the value is still not enough,” he said. “I am content with the situation. The province has endeavoured to show appreciation in this way, so we accept it.”

Daffa said he served five years in the Legal Bureau of the Regional Secretariat (Setda) NTB. Since his contract was terminated at the end of last year in line with central government policy, he has not secured permanent employment. Nevertheless, he remained thankful for his current situation.

“To date, I have not found permanent work. My peers hope that we might be accommodated again, perhaps through a regional programme or a policy to reorganise non-ASN staff. If we could work again here, that would be ideal,” he said.

Head of the Welfare of the People Bureau (Kesra) within the NTB Setda, Amir, said the assistance was a follow-up to the governor’s pledge to ex-honorary staff as a means to help them seek new work.

“We have disbursed it; all payments have been credited to recipients’ accounts, and my staff have gone to the banks to process it,” Amir said after handing over the severance.

Amir explained that the number of recipients was reduced from an initial 518 to 394 after validation and audit by the NTB Inspectorate, together with the Regional Civil Service Agency (BKD) and the Bureau of Organisation. “The audit results showed one person had died, 12 had retired before being appointed as PPPK part-time, 88 were employed by BLUD, six were dismissed for serious violations or chronic absenteeism, and 25 resigned,” he stressed.

He noted that this figure was set after several validations and audits by the Inspectorate. Initially, the severance would have been calculated based on years of service; after a legal review, this method was deemed potentially unfair since only honorary staff with a minimum of three years’ service would be eligible.

“If it had been disbursed based on service, the regulations would require at least three years. As a result, many would not receive anything. That is why the provincial government decided to standardise the amount at Rp 3.5 million per person,” he stated.

Amir hoped the aid would be used by former honorary staff to seek new employment or to add capital to a business if any were underway.

“The Governor’s direction is that this should help seed new businesses for them,” he added.

Earlier, NTB Province had removed 124 honorer who were proposed to receive the severance due to their contracts not being extended. Of the 518 honorer proposed, only 394 were designated to receive Rp 3.5 million as a result of the December 2025 layoff.

Kesra head Amir said the 518 honorer terminated in December 2025 had data validated by BKD NTB. Of those terminated, only 394 were entitled to the severance payments.

“This figure is based on data verified by BKD NTB. In our records, there are 394 who meet the criteria,” he said on Wednesday (13 May 2026).

Amir said the reduction in recipients compared with the 518 proposed was due to BKD NTB’s verification. The Kesra Bureau had only collected the documents required for disbursement.

Amir confirmed the disbursement for the 394 honorer was targeted to be completed this month. The total expenditure for all honorer was Rp 1.37 billion. “The total budget is Rp 3.5 million per recipient. We target to have it disbursed to all recipients by next week,” he added.

View JSON | Print