KRL Cikarang Line Targeted to Operate Normally Today
PT KAI (Persero) President Director Bobby Rasyidin has targeted the reopening of the KRL electric rail line to Stasiun Cikarang today. “We will start reopening our KRL Cikarang Line service, which will operate with the same frequency as before,” said Bobby at Stasiun Bekasi on Wednesday, 29 April 2026. Bobby stated that the resumption of the Cikarang line was decided after the National Transportation Safety Committee (KNKT) approved the reuse of Stasiun Bekasi Timur as a KRL crossing route. Bobby added that KNKT permitted operations at Stasiun Bekasi provided there are speed restrictions. On the same occasion, Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi said that the Ministry of Transport and KAI are currently preparing for track and signalling tests. Dudy explained that these tests are to ensure Stasiun Bekasi Timur can serve passengers again. “Safety is the most important thing we want to emphasise to PT KAI in preparing for the reopening of Stasiun Bekasi Timur,” said Dudy. Previously, a fatal accident involving the Argo Bromo Anggrek train from Gambir to Surabaya Pasar Turi collided with the KRL Cikarang line at Stasiun Bekasi Timur on Monday night, 27 April 2026. The accident began when the KRL was stopped at Stasiun Bekasi Timur due to a disruption from a collision with an electric taxi in the opposite direction. From behind, the Argo Bromo Anggrek train approached and directly rammed the stationary KRL body at the station. The collision crushed the women-only carriage of the KRL. The incident claimed the lives of 15 women passengers on the KRL. Meanwhile, around 84 other KRL passengers were injured. As a result of the incident, KAI temporarily closed operations at Stasiun Bekasi Timur, paralysing KRL travel on the Cikarang route.