Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

KPK Summons 5 Travel Agency Bosses as Witnesses in Hajj Quota Case

| | Source: KOMPAS Translated from Indonesian | Legal
KPK Summons 5 Travel Agency Bosses as Witnesses in Hajj Quota Case
Image: KOMPAS

Jakarta - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has summoned five bosses from hajj travel agencies as witnesses in connection with the alleged corruption case involving the 2023-2024 hajj quota. In addition to the travel agency bosses, the KPK also summoned one witness from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, namely A Sholahuddin, a PPPK employee of the Republic of Indonesia’s Ministry of Religious Affairs. “The examination is being conducted at the KPK Merah Putih Building,” said KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo in his statement on Friday (17/4/2026). The five travel agency bosses are: Ira Sugianti Alfiana, Deputy Director of PT Kindai Tours and Travel; Luqman Hakim Nyak Neh, President Director of PT Lintas Iskandaria; Mudassir, Operational Director of PT Mabrur Tour & Travel; Kholilurrahman, Operational Director of PT Madani Bina Bersama; and Ningrum Maurice, President Director of PT Manajemen Mihrab Qalbi. Previously, the KPK stated that it would conduct marathon examinations of several travel agencies in connection with the alleged corruption case in the 2023-2024 hajj quota, which implicated former Minister of Religious Affairs Yaqut Cholil Qoumas next week. “In this case, next week the investigators will also begin a marathon of examinations of several witnesses, including the PIHK, and the examinations will be conducted in Jakarta or at the KPK Merah Putih Building and also in several other regions,” said KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo in his statement on Friday (3/4/2026). “And to provide the necessary testimony so that the investigation process of this hajj quota case can proceed effectively,” he added. After naming former Minister of Religious Affairs Yaqut Cholil Qoumas and his former special staff, Ishfah Abidal Aziz alias Gus Alex, as suspects, the KPK named two new suspects on Monday (30/3/2026). The two suspects are Ismail Adham, Operational Director of PT Makassar Toraja (Maktour), and Asrul Azis Taba, Commissioner of PT Raudah Eksati Utama and also Chairman of the Kesthuri Association. “The KPK has named two more people as suspects, namely ISM as Operational Director of PT Maktour and ASR as Commissioner of PT Raudah Eksati Utama and also Chairman of the Kesthuri Association,” said KPK Deputy for Enforcement and Execution Asep Guntur Rahayu during a press conference at the Merah Putih Building, Jakarta, on Monday. Asep stated that there was collusion between the two suspects in arranging the filling of additional special hajj quotas that did not comply with applicable laws and regulations, as well as the giving of money to state officials. He said that Ismail Adham gave $30,000 US dollars to Gus Alex to facilitate the arrangement of the additional special hajj quota filling. Not only that, Ismail also gave money to the Director General of Hajj and Umrah Organisers/Dirjen PHU of the Ministry of Religious Affairs, Hilman Latief, amounting to $5,000 US dollars and 16,000 SAR or Saudi Riyals.

View JSON | Print