Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

KPK Searches PDIP's Ono's Home, Witnessed by RT Chairman

| Source: CNN_ID Translated from Indonesian | Legal
KPK Searches PDIP's Ono's Home, Witnessed by RT Chairman
Image: CNN_ID

The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) searched the home of West Java DPRD Deputy Chairman Ono Surono on Wednesday (1/4). The search took place at a house located on Jalan Jati Indah V, Kelurahan Gemuruh, Kecamatan Batununggal, Kota Bandung.

The search was conducted in connection with the ongoing KPK case involving allegations of bribery and gratifications against Bekasi Regent Ade Kuswara.

According to Agus, Chairman of RT 10 RW 11 in Kelurahan Gemuruh, the search occurred in the afternoon. However, he declined to elaborate on the situation during the raid.

“It is true [that the KPK searched] Ono’s house,” he said at the location.

Based on observations, the searched house is painted in a combination of grey and black. The house is quite large.

A jeep-type vehicle, Toyota Hardtop, and a small scooter were visible. Based on observations, no activity was seen inside the house.

Besides the RT chairman, few of Ono’s neighbours in the complex were aware of or spoke about the KPK search that afternoon.

It was previously reported that KPK investigators searched Ono’s home in Bandung in relation to the investigation of alleged project kickback bribery and receipt of gratifications implicating Bekasi Regent for the 2025-2030 period, Ade Kuswara.

KPK Spokesperson Budi Prasetyo stated that the search was to follow up on allegations of fund flows received by Ono from one of the suspects (currently a defendant) in the alleged bribery case, namely businessman Sarjan.

“Yes, among other things,” Budi said when confirmed regarding the search due to findings that Ono allegedly received money from Sarjan, on Wednesday (1/4).

Budi explained that investigators were seeking additional evidence related to the alleged project kickback bribery and receipt of gratifications implicating Bekasi Regent for the 2025-2030 period, Ade Kuswara.

He could not yet disclose what evidence was found.

“Currently, the team is still in the field, the search is ongoing. We will update on what evidence items were secured during today’s search operation,” Budi said.

Meanwhile, through his lawyer named Sahali, Ono stated that he respects the legal process being carried out by the KPK.

However, he highlighted alleged actions by investigators who requested that the surveillance cameras or CCTV at his client’s home be turned off.

Furthermore, he claimed that the investigators did not bring a search warrant from the chief judge as required under Article 114 paragraph 1 of the Criminal Procedure Code (KUHAP).

“Regarding this search process, we note irregularities because the investigators asked for the CCTV at Kang Ono’s house to be turned off during the search. This raises questions as to why they had to turn off the CCTV? What is the legal basis?” Sahali said in a written statement on Wednesday (1/4).

He said the investigators found no evidence from the coercive action.

“The search at our client’s home by the KPK was intended to find evidence, but since our client is not involved, no evidence was found,” Sahali stated.

View JSON | Print