Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

KPK Opens New Investigation into Case of Rejang Lebong Regent

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Politics
KPK Opens New Investigation into Case of Rejang Lebong Regent
Image: DETIK

The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has commenced a new investigation related to the corruption case involving the inactive Regent of Rejang Lebong, Muhammad Fikri Thobari. The KPK stated that there are no suspects yet in this new investigation. “It is a general investigation warrant,” said KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo to journalists on Monday (20/7/2026). The KPK has summoned two witnesses for questioning today. The examination is being conducted at the KPK building in Kuningan, South Jakarta. “The KPK has scheduled the examination of witnesses in the development of the investigation into the alleged corruption case related to bribery in the procurement of goods and services within the Rejang Lebong Regency Government, Bengkulu Province,” he said. The following witnesses have been summoned: 1. Dian Putri Bungsu, a sales marketing representative of PT Cahaya Mas Cemerlang. 2. Muhammad Heriyanto, Director of CV Buana Com, Director of PT Buana Hasta Karya, and Commissioner of PT Andal Bina Mandiri. Previously, the KPK had named the Regent of Rejang Lebong and four other individuals as suspects. The details are as follows: 1. Muhammad Fikri Thobari, Regent of Rejang Lebong. 2. Hary Eko Purnomo, Head of the Public Works, Spatial Planning, Housing and Settlement Areas (PUPRPKP) Office of Rejang Lebong Regency. 3. Irsyad Satria Budiman, a private party from PT Statika Mitra Sarana. 4. Edi Manggala, a private party from CV Manggala Utama. 5. Youki Yusdiantoro, a private party from CV Alpagker Abadi. Deputy for Enforcement and Execution at the KPK, Asep Guntur Rahayu, explained that the project bribery occurred at the beginning of 2026. Asep stated that the total project budget at the Rejang Lebong PUPRPKP Office reached IDR 91.13 billion. He explained that the bribe money, totalling IDR 980 million, was given in stages through an intermediary. Asep added that there were other alleged receipts by Fikri amounting to IDR 775 million, and it is suspected that these acts were committed repeatedly.

View JSON | Print