KPK Investigates Assets of Former Manpower Ministry Secretary-General in Foreign Worker Permit Extortion Case
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is investigating the assets belonging to Hery Sudarmanto (HS), the former Secretary-General (Sekjen) of the Ministry of Manpower (Kemenaker), who is a suspect in the alleged extortion case related to the processing of Foreign Worker Utilisation Plan (RPTKA) permits.
The KPK delved into this matter during the examination of two witnesses on Tuesday (14/4/2026): Rizky Junianto, a civil servant at Kemenaker, and Farid Azianto, a private sector employee.
“Witnesses 3 and 4 were questioned as part of the asset tracing for the suspect (Hery Sudarmanto) allegedly related to this case,” said KPK Spokesperson Budi Prasetyo in his statement on Wednesday (15/4/2026).
Based on Kompas.com records, the KPK had previously summoned Hery Sudarmanto as a witness in the foreign worker permit extortion case at Kemenaker on 11 June 2025 and searched his home on 28 October 2025.
The KPK stated that the seizure of one vehicle was carried out to support the investigation process in this case.
“At the same time, it is an initial step for state financial recovery or asset recovery,” said KPK Spokesperson Budi Prasetyo.