KPK Halts MBG Corruption Inquiry After Attorney General's Office Names Dadan and Others as Suspects
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has halted its investigation into alleged corruption in the implementation of the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme after the Attorney General’s Office (Kejagung) named suspects. What is the reason?
“Yes, I think if there has already been a coercive effort and so forth, then for the time being we certainly do not need to carry out any more activities,” said KPK Chairman Setyo Budiyanto to reporters at the Parliament Complex, Senayan, Central Jakarta, as quoted on Thursday, 18 June 2026.
Setyo explained that the AGO’s steps in investigating the case have already entered the prosecution stage. Meanwhile, the KPK was still at the preliminary inquiry stage. “Because our stage is still a preliminary investigation,” he said.
It was previously reported that AGO investigators on 3 June 2026 named three former officials of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN) as suspects in a case of alleged corruption in the governance of the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme. They are former BGN Head Dadan Hindayana (DH), former BGN Deputy Head for Organisational Development and Institutional Support Lodewyk Pusung (LP), and former BGN Deputy Head for Nutritional Fulfilment Operations Sony Sonjaya (SS).
Then on 6 June 2026, a fourth suspect was named, Asep Yusuf Somantri (AYS), a private party involved in locating sites for SPPG kitchens. Subsequently, on 12 June 2026, a fifth suspect was named, Andri Mulyono, a Commissioner of PT Yasa Artha Trimanunggal (YAT), who was involved in the procurement of goods and services at BGN, specifically electric motorcycles. “Tonight, we are naming a suspect in one of those procurement processes, namely electric motorcycles,” an official stated.
Syarief stated that the AGO is still investigating other procurements of goods and services within BGN and will not stop at just these five suspects. “There are still other procurements that we are currently investigating,” he revealed. The examination of witnesses and suspects is also ongoing. Next week, investigators plan to examine the suspects, including Sony Sonjaya, regarding his application to be a justice collaborator (JC). “As of today, there are five suspects. For the update, we will conduct examinations next week of those suspects,” said Syarief.