KPK Halts Corruption Investigation Against Suspect Siman Bahar
Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has announced that it has halted the investigation into the alleged corruption case against suspect Siman Bahar.
Siman Bahar was one of the suspects in the alleged corruption case involving the 2017 cooperation between PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) (Persero) and PT Loco Montrado. He was the beneficial owner of PT Loco Montrado.
“On 23 April 2026, the KPK issued a termination of investigation order (SP3) for suspect SB (Siman Bahar),” said KPK Spokesperson Budi Prasetyo to journalists in Jakarta on Saturday.
Budi explained that the KPK issued the SP3 because investigators from the anti-corruption agency had received an official death certificate stating that Siman Bahar had passed away.
“This SP3 has also been conveyed to the family,” he said.
Meanwhile, he stated that the KPK had conducted seizures amounting to more than Rp100 billion as an effort to recover state financial losses.
Previously, on 17 January 2023, the KPK named former General Manager of the Precious Metals Refining and Processing Business Unit of PT Antam, Dody Martimbang, as a suspect in the case.
On another occasion, the KPK named Loco Montrado’s President Director, Siman Bahar, as a suspect in the case, which is alleged to have caused state financial losses of Rp100.7 billion.
On 14 October 2025, the KPK announced that it had named PT Loco Montrado as a corporate suspect in the investigation of the case since August 2025.
On 13 April 2026, the KPK confirmed receiving news regarding Siman Bahar’s death.