KPK Deputy Chair Fitroh Rohcahyanto Denies Involvement in MBG Corruption Case
Deputy Chair of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) Fitroh Rohcahyanto has denied involvement in an alleged corruption case concerning the management of the free nutritious meal (MBG) programme, which is currently under investigation by the Attorney General’s Office. Fitroh asserted that he does not know Sony Sonjaya at all, the former deputy head of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN) who has been named a suspect and reportedly applied to become a Justice Collaborator (JC). “I do not know Sony personally and I have never communicated to ask for kitchen locations, let alone bought locations because I am not in the kitchen business,” said Fitroh when confirmed via written message on Wednesday (10/6). Meanwhile, KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo stated that the agency is observing the developing issue. He noted there are at least two pieces of information circulating on various social media platforms. The first piece of information mentions several parties linked to the MBG case, one of whom is a KPK leader. The second piece of information is said to be relatively more complete, as it mentions sources and the alleged roles of parties in the MBG case, in which there is no element of KPK leadership or personnel in the circulated list of names. “We urge the public to always scrutinise carefully and proportionately any information circulating on social media that has not been verified for truth,” said Budi through a written statement. Budi conveyed that Fitroh has no relationship with Sony Sonjaya. As for the foundation linked to the MBG programme, it was established long before the programme existed. “Mr Fitroh Rochcayanto does not know Mr Sony Sonjaya,” said Budi. “Furthermore, regarding the foundation, it was established long before the MBG programme. This foundation focuses on various social activities, such as empowering and improving the welfare of the surrounding community,” he continued. He emphasised that Fitroh has also never received or obtained material benefits from the foundation’s activities. Previously, former BGN deputy head Sony Sonjaya applied to become a JC in the investigation of the alleged corruption case regarding the management of the MBG programme. Sony’s legal counsel, Krisna Murti, said the JC application was made to assist investigators in uncovering other parties suspected of being involved in the case. According to him, during the examination that has been undertaken, Sony mentioned more than 20 names suspected of being connected to the case. In this case, the Attorney General’s Office has named former BGN head Dadan Hindayana, Sony Sonjaya, and Lodewyk Pusung as suspects. Investigators suspect irregularities in the management of the MBG programme, including the appointment of SPPG partners who did not meet the requirements and price markups in a number of procurement items.