KPK Confirms MBG Corruption Investigation Not Permanently Halted Despite Attorney General's Office Naming Suspects
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has confirmed that the investigation into alleged corruption in the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme has not been permanently halted. KPK Chairman Setyo Budiyanto stated that there are currently no plans to administratively terminate the investigation into corruption within the National Nutrition Agency (BGN). “There is no administrative plan yet to stop the investigation,” Setyo told reporters on Friday, 19 June 2026. This statement was made to clarify his previous remarks at the Parliamentary Complex in Senayan, where he had indicated the MBG case investigation was stopped because the Attorney General’s Office (Kejagung) had already named suspects. Setyo explained that the temporary halt occurred because the case handling has reached a stage requiring legal action by other law enforcement agencies. “Once there are coercive measures and so forth, we temporarily do not need to carry out further activities because the stage is still at the investigation level,” he said. Previously, on 3 June 2026, the Attorney General’s Office named former BGN Head Dadan Hindayana, former BGN Deputy Head Lodewyk Pusung, and Sony Sanjaya as suspects in the alleged corruption of the MBG programme’s management. The Attorney General’s Office suspects the trio appointed several unqualified foundations with ties to them to manage MBG kitchens or Nutritional Fulfilment Service Units (SPPG). Investigators also suspect price mark-ups in several procurements of goods and services, resulting in state financial losses. On 8 June 2026, the KPK revealed that it had been conducting its own investigation into the alleged corruption related to the MBG programme at BGN before the Attorney General’s Office announced the detention of the agency’s former leadership.