Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Judge Grants Pre-trial Motion, TAUD Urges Thorough Investigation into Andrie Yunus Case

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Judge Grants Pre-trial Motion, TAUD Urges Thorough Investigation into Andrie Yunus Case
Image: DETIK

The Advocacy for Democracy (TAUD) team has expressed appreciation for the South Jakarta District Court’s decision to partially grant the pre-trial motion concerning the acid attack on KontraS activist, Andrie Yunus. TAUD views this ruling as a breath of fresh air for law enforcement.

“We greatly appreciate this decision. It provides fresh momentum for the law enforcement process in Indonesia and, most importantly, for Andrie Yunus to obtain justice and legal certainty,” said TAUD representative Muhammad Al Ayubbi at the South Jakarta District Court in Ragunan, South Jakarta, on Tuesday (2/6/2026).

Al Ayubbi expressed hope that the ruling would provide legal certainty, noting that there had been confusion regarding the handling of the reports related to the acid attack. He urged that the case against Andrie Yunus be investigated thoroughly and completely, asserting that law enforcement is obligated to uncover the perpetrators, the intellectual actors, and even the financiers behind the attack.

Previously, the South Jakarta District Court partially granted the pre-trial motion filed by the Advocacy for Democracy team. The judge ordered the Metro Jaya Regional Police to proceed with the legal process regarding the case.

“Granting the petitioner’s motion in part. Declaring that the petitioner has the legal standing and the right to file a pre-trial motion for the case in question. Ordering the respondent to continue the legal process regarding police report number LP/A/222/III/2026/Satreskrim/Restro Jakpus/Polda Metro Jaya dated 13 March 2026,” stated the single judge, Suparna, while reading the verdict.

The Metro Jaya Regional Police have stated they respect the court’s decision and will adhere to the law in investigating the matter. “Regarding the court decision at the South Jakarta District Court concerning the victim, Mr Andrie Yunus, we certainly respect the ruling of the South Jakarta District Court,” said the Head of Criminal Investigation at Metro Jaya Regional Police, Kombes Iman Imanuddin.

For context, there were initially two separate reports regarding the acid attack on Andrie Yunus handled by the police: one received by the Metro Jaya Regional Police and another by the National Police Criminal Investigation Agency (Bareskrim Polri). Bareskrim Polri later transferred the case to Metro Jaya due to similarities in the time and location of the incident.

Separately, the acid attack case against Andrie Yunus is currently being tried in the Jakarta Military Court, with four soldiers as defendants: Serda Edi Sudarko, Lettu Budhi Hariyanto Widhi, Kapten Nandala Dwi Prasetyo, and Lettu Sami Lakka.

View JSON | Print