Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Joint Decree Signed: Women and Children Victims of Violence Can Now Report via Single Gateway

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
Joint Decree Signed: Women and Children Victims of Violence Can Now Report via Single Gateway
Image: DETIK

The government has officially signed a Joint Decree (SKB) regarding the Pilot Programme for the Implementation of Integrated Services for Women and Children in DKI Jakarta. Under this scheme, women and children who are victims of violence will now only need to report through a single gateway, removing the need to move between various agencies.

The signing of the SKB was conducted by several ministries and agencies alongside the Jakarta Provincial Government at Jakarta City Hall on Thursday (4/6/2026). Attendees included National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, Minister of Law Supratman Andi Agtas, Minister of Social Affairs Saifullah Yusuf, Minister of Health Budi Gunadi Sadikin, Minister of Communication and Digital Meutya Hafid, Minister of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (PPPA) Arifah Fauzi, Deputy Minister of PPPA Veronica Tan, and the Chairman of the LPSK Achmald.

This programme is an implementation of Presidential Regulation Number 86 of 2024, derived from the Sexual Violence Crimes Law (TPKS) Number 12 of 2022.

The Minister of Women Empowerment and Child Protection, Arifah Fauzi, stated that victims of violence have frequently faced complicated processes because they had to visit various agencies to obtain necessary services. “When a victim experiences violence, they only need to come to one place, and the services will come to them,” said Arifah.

Arifah explained that previously, victims had to report to various different institutions, ranging from the Ministry of PPPA, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Communication and Digital, to regional women and child protection units and other agencies such as the LPSK. This condition was deemed to make the handling process longer and more difficult for victims. “We observed that the old system caused victims to take a long time. They had to move from one agency to another,” she said.

According to Arifah, many victims eventually become reluctant to report because they feel passed around from one institution to another. Through this integrated service, all victim needs—including protection, legal assistance, healthcare, and social support—are being integrated into a single system.

DKI Jakarta was selected as the pilot location because it is considered to have the most capable facilities and infrastructure to test the integration of services across ministries and agencies.

Meanwhile, the Governor of DKI Jakarta, Pramono Anung, ensured that the Jakarta Provincial Government is ready to implement the programme. One of the agreed targets is that the initial handling of victim reports must be completed within a maximum of 24 hours from the time the complaint is received. “The first target is that initial handling can be managed within a maximum of 1x24 hours from the complaint. Equally important is the total integration so that the service is 100 per cent complete,” said Pramono.

Pramono added that the programme also includes the digitalisation of services and continuous assistance for victims in need.

During the same event, National Police Chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo welcomed the signing of the SKB. He noted that integrated services represent the state’s presence in providing protection to women and children who are victims of criminal acts. “Our hope is that with this service, women and children who are victims can truly be well-served. When reporting, they are protected, and their problems can be resolved without creating new issues,” said General Sigit. He expressed hope that the integrated service model tested in Jakarta could serve as a role model and be implemented in other regions if proven effective.

View JSON | Print