Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Iran's Message to Jordan: We Are Not Hostile to Your Country

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Politics
Iran's Message to Jordan: We Are Not Hostile to Your Country
Image: DETIK

An American airbase in Jordan was targeted by Iranian ballistic missiles, according to a statement from Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) published by Iranian media, Fars News. In its statement, the IRGC also delivered a message to the people of Jordan.

In a message addressed directly to Jordanian citizens, the IRGC emphasised that the attack was aimed at the American military presence, not Jordan or its people.

“You know that we harbour no hostility towards your country. On the contrary, we hold great affection for you, a noble people. You understand the pain and suffering of the Palestinian people better than any other nation,” the IRGC statement read, as reported by Al-Jazeera on Tuesday (14/7/2026).

“And you are aware of the crimes of the Zionist regime in the massacre of seventy thousand Palestinians, including 20,000 children in Gaza, carried out with the direct involvement of the United States,” the IRGC added.

The IRGC also urged Jordanian citizens to demand the dissolution of US military bases in their country.

“Your firm demand for the dissolution of the American occupation bases in this region will greatly help save the Palestinian people and restore security to the region. We wish Jordan success,” the IRGC said in its statement.

Previously, Jordanian authorities stated they had shot down four Iranian missiles that entered their territory. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.

The Iranian missile attack came as the US military launched strikes against Iran for a third consecutive night. Meanwhile, several tankers in the Strait of Hormuz were targeted in attacks claimed by the IRGC.

President Donald Trump said the US was striking Iran “very hard” amid escalating attacks between the two countries.

Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) accused Iran of carrying out a “blatant” attack on two tankers in the strait. The attack reportedly killed one person and injured eight others, with four in serious condition.

The IRGC confirmed the attacks on the vessels. According to them, the two tankers ignored warnings, switched off their navigation systems, and attempted to cross a route that had been mined.

The dispute over control of the Strait of Hormuz now threatens efforts to end the ongoing war.

View JSON | Print