Iran Rejects Trump's Claims, Says Its Enriched Uranium Will Not Be Moved Anywhere!
Iran’s Foreign Ministry has stated that the country’s stockpile of enriched uranium will not be moved “anywhere”. This statement refutes the earlier claim by US President Donald Trump that the Islamic Republic had agreed to hand it over.
“Iran’s enriched uranium will not be moved anywhere,” said Esmaeil Baqaei, spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry, to Iranian state television, as reported by AFP news agency on Saturday (18/4/2026).
“The transfer of Iran’s enriched uranium to the US was never discussed in the negotiations,” he snapped.
Previously, Trump posted on his Truth Social platform on Friday (17/4) morning local time: “The US will get all the ‘Nuclear Dust’, produced by our great B2 bomber planes,” referring to the enriched uranium that was buried as a result of the US attack last year.
However, Baqaei said that recent talks have centred on resolving the conflict, and not on handing over Iran’s uranium stockpile.
“Previous negotiations focused on nuclear issues, but now the negotiations focus on ending the war, and of course the scope of topics discussed has become broader and more diverse,” he said.
“The 10-point plan to lift sanctions is very important to us. The issue of compensation for damages caused during the imposed war is very important,” he stated.
He also criticised Trump for posting on Truth Social that the US naval blockade of Iranian ports would remain in place until a peace agreement with Tehran is reached, despite Tehran stating that the Strait of Hormuz has been reopened.
“The opening and closing of the Strait of Hormuz does not happen on the internet; it is determined on the ground, and our armed forces certainly know how to act in response to any actions by the other side,” Baqaei said.
“What they call a naval blockade will certainly be met with an appropriate response from Iran. A naval blockade is a violation of the ceasefire, and Iran will certainly take the necessary actions,” he emphasised.