Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

House of Representatives Praises This Year's Hajj Organistion, but with Reservations

| | Source: REPUBLIKA Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
House of Representatives Praises This Year's Hajj Organistion, but with Reservations
Image: REPUBLIKA

The Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives (DPR RI), Cucun Ahmad Syamsurijal, assessed that the Hajj administration for the year 1447 H/2026 M has undergone a significant transformative leap compared to progress in previous years. According to the politician from the National Awakening Party (PKB), this year’s Hajj organisation has improved, though he did not deny that several unforeseen issues occurred.

“We must honestly state that this year’s Hajj implementation has achieved a transformative leap,” said Cucund Ahmad Syamsurijal at the Parliament complex in Senayan, Jakarta, on Thursday (4/6/2026). He cited unexpected obstacles during the 1447 H/2026 M Hajj season, such as insufficient accommodation in Mina and other issues arising during the peak of the pilgrimage. “The indicators of Hajj success are Arafah, Muzdalifah, and Mina. We still have notes to address,” he added.

Cucun stated that the observations made by the DPR RI Hajj Supervisory Team (Timwas) will be presented during evaluation meetings with relevant policymakers. The results of this evaluation will also be delivered during the DPR RI Plenary Session.

Previously, the Indonesian Minister of Hajj and Umrah, Mochamad Irfan Yusuf, expressed appreciation for all Indonesian Hajj pilgrims who were cooperative and orderly in following the instructions of officials during the Arafah, Muzdalifah, and Mina phases.

“I express my appreciation to the Indonesian Hajj pilgrims for their orderliness in undergoing the Hajj rituals. I also thank all the officials who have worked with full dedication. May the Indonesian pilgrims achieve a mabrur Hajj,” said the Minister in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, on Sunday (31/6/2026) local time.

The peak phase of the Hajj pilgrimage in Mina officially concluded on 13 Zulhijjah 1447 H. All Indonesian pilgrims who opted for ‘nafar tsani’ have safely, orderly, and smoothly left the tents in Mina and returned to their respective hotels in Makkah. The Minister expressed gratitude for the smooth progression of all peak Hajj stages this year, noting that the success of the Mina phase was the result of collaborative efforts between organisers, officials, and the Indonesian pilgrims.

View JSON | Print