Home Affairs Ministry Commends Yahukimo Regency's Swift Action to Restore Security
Jakarta (ANTARA) - Deputy Home Affairs Minister Ribka Haluk commended the swift measures taken by the Yahukimo Regency Government in Papua Pegunungan to maintain security stability whilst ensuring the resumption of public services.
"The Home Affairs Ministry commends the Yahukimo Regent for taking rapid steps in addressing a number of issues in Yahukimo, with support from all parties including the governor and the Regional Leadership Coordination Forum (Forkopimda) on the ground," Ribka said in a statement in Jakarta on Saturday (21/2).
Ribka noted that one key indicator of restored security was the reopening of the Dekai Regional General Hospital (RSUD), which had previously ceased operations due to safety concerns.
According to Ribka, this success was inseparable from the leadership of Yahukimo Regent Didimus Yahuli and the local Forkopimda, who managed to build synergy with the provincial government, security forces and all elements of society.
She explained that healthcare services had previously been disrupted because health and medical personnel were reluctant to work due to the security situation.
Under the direction of Home Affairs Minister Tito Karnavian, the Home Affairs Ministry provided intensive assistance through dialogue and negotiation with stakeholders.
"The hospital that was previously closed has now been reopened for public services by the regional government through coordination and negotiation with all parties, including the Home Affairs Ministry," she said.
During the process, the Yahukimo Regency Government held coordination meetings with religious leaders, traditional leaders, women's representatives, youth leaders, healthcare workers and community representatives.
The meeting was followed by a Forkopimda session with military, police and security task force elements on Saturday (21/2/2026), which emphasised a humanitarian approach oriented towards civilian protection.
Ribka also urged the public to maintain unity, not be easily provoked by false information, and to support regional government policies in order to create a sustained atmosphere of safety and peace.
The local government confirmed that all community health centres and healthcare facilities had resumed operations following the earlier work stoppage by healthcare personnel.
Ribka expressed hope that the collaboration established could be maintained to accelerate the recovery of public services, protect healthcare workers and ensure the community can carry out their activities safely towards a peaceful, healthy and prosperous Yahukimo.
"The Home Affairs Ministry commends the Yahukimo Regent for taking rapid steps in addressing a number of issues in Yahukimo, with support from all parties including the governor and the Regional Leadership Coordination Forum (Forkopimda) on the ground," Ribka said in a statement in Jakarta on Saturday (21/2).
Ribka noted that one key indicator of restored security was the reopening of the Dekai Regional General Hospital (RSUD), which had previously ceased operations due to safety concerns.
According to Ribka, this success was inseparable from the leadership of Yahukimo Regent Didimus Yahuli and the local Forkopimda, who managed to build synergy with the provincial government, security forces and all elements of society.
She explained that healthcare services had previously been disrupted because health and medical personnel were reluctant to work due to the security situation.
Under the direction of Home Affairs Minister Tito Karnavian, the Home Affairs Ministry provided intensive assistance through dialogue and negotiation with stakeholders.
"The hospital that was previously closed has now been reopened for public services by the regional government through coordination and negotiation with all parties, including the Home Affairs Ministry," she said.
During the process, the Yahukimo Regency Government held coordination meetings with religious leaders, traditional leaders, women's representatives, youth leaders, healthcare workers and community representatives.
The meeting was followed by a Forkopimda session with military, police and security task force elements on Saturday (21/2/2026), which emphasised a humanitarian approach oriented towards civilian protection.
Ribka also urged the public to maintain unity, not be easily provoked by false information, and to support regional government policies in order to create a sustained atmosphere of safety and peace.
The local government confirmed that all community health centres and healthcare facilities had resumed operations following the earlier work stoppage by healthcare personnel.
Ribka expressed hope that the collaboration established could be maintained to accelerate the recovery of public services, protect healthcare workers and ensure the community can carry out their activities safely towards a peaceful, healthy and prosperous Yahukimo.