Health Minister assures confinement victim will receive care including facial reconstruction
Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin has assured that YTR, a victim of alleged violence and confinement by her boyfriend in Bandung Regency, West Java, will receive treatment including facial reconstruction. “We will provide care up to reconstruction, because her face needs to be reconstructed,” Budi said when met in South Jakarta on Tuesday. He confirmed the victim is currently being treated at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung and pledged that her care would be carried out to the fullest extent. “We promise to treat the individual as best as possible at Hasan Sadikin Hospital,” he stated. He added that the Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection and the local government are also stepping in to assist the victim. “The economic issues are being handled by the local government, the social issues by the Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection, and the three of us have coordinated,” Budi said. Meanwhile, the West Java Regional Police are hunting a man with the initials TH suspected of confining and abusing YTR for three years. The Director of Women and Child Protection and Human Trafficking Crimes at the West Java Police, Commissioner Rumi Untari, said investigators are still pursuing the alleged perpetrator, who has not yet been apprehended. Regarding the progress of the investigation, Rumi noted that the case continues to be examined by investigators, involving several witnesses who have been questioned. The case first came to light after the victim’s family received a message via WhatsApp from an unknown person informing them that the victim was in the emergency room at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung. The family then went to the hospital and discovered the victim had severe injuries to her head, face, and legs, as well as minor injuries to her hands. Prior to being found at the hospital, the victim’s whereabouts had been unknown to her family for approximately three years.