Head of National Nutrition Agency: Improving 2026 Free Nutritious Meal Governance Starts with Efficiency
Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Head of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN), Nanik Sudaryati Deyang, stated that improving the governance of the 2026 Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) programme begins with optimising budget efficiency. “Our primary concern is efficiency; so, although the budget currently stands at Rp268 trillion, we hope to reduce it further without compromising quality,” she said during a press conference in Jakarta on Thursday.
She emphasised that these budget efficiency measures will be implemented across various areas. The BGN is focusing on three key pillars: first, the refocusing of beneficiaries; second, a moratorium on new kitchen locations; and third, the improvement of existing operational kitchens to ensure they meet quality standards, which includes the upgrading and training of human resources within the Nutrition Fulfillment Service Units (SPPG).
Previously, President Prabowo Subianto emphasised that the MBG programme is a significant mandate that must be executed with full responsibility. This was stated by the President during the National MBG Programme Consolidation held at SICC, Bogor, West Java, on Wednesday (3/6), under the theme “500 Billion Meals Challenge: Building Indonesia’s Future Generations Through Nutrition – An Inspiring Session.”
He stressed that all implementers of the MBG programme play a vital role in ensuring that the benefits are felt optimally by the public. “Providing food is a noble task for us and it must succeed; it will succeed, and you are an important part of it. However, if you do not wish to work well, you must step aside; if you do not want to work well, please step aside. The most important thing is that the interests of the people come above all else,” he said.