Hajj Operations for 2026 Fully Prepared, Menhaj: Schedule On Track
Minister of Hajj and Umrah of the Republic of Indonesia, Mochamad Irfan Yusuf, has emphasised that all operational preparations for the departure of Hajj pilgrims in 1447 H/2026 AD are proceeding according to plan (on track), with progress approaching 100%. This was stated by the Minister during a strategic meeting with the ranks of the East Java Regional Office of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah in Jombang on Friday (27/3).
Gus Irfan, as Irfan Yusuf is affectionately known, stressed that this year’s Hajj organisation must serve as a benchmark for transparent, smooth, and deviation-free public service. East Java, as the province with the largest pilgrim quota, is said to have a crucial role in determining national success.
“Operational preparations continue to be refined, and so far, they are running according to schedule. Our main focus is to ensure the security and safety of pilgrims through comprehensive mitigation measures,” said Gus Irfan in a statement received on Saturday (28/3).
Addressing the vast Hajj financial ecosystem amounting to Rp18 trillion, the Minister stated that accountability is non-negotiable. To ensure this, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah involves professionals from the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), the Prosecutor’s Office, and the Police in overseeing procurement processes and budget management.
“The Hajj funds managed are enormous, so commitment to clean governance is absolute. We want to ensure that every rupiah spent truly translates into the best services for pilgrims,” he asserted.
These strategic steps, the Minister continued, represent a direct implementation of the President of the Republic of Indonesia’s directives to deliver transparent Hajj services oriented towards pilgrim satisfaction. The Minister also extended his highest appreciation to the ranks of the East Java Regional Office of the Ministry of Hajj for their dedication in this preparation phase.
“Thank you to all the ranks in East Java who have worked maximally. I ask that we continue to maintain solidarity and elevate service standards. Our focus is one: to give the best for Indonesian Hajj pilgrims,” he concluded.
The Minister also requested strengthened coordination between sectors to ensure that the pilgrim departure scheme, which will begin soon, runs without technical obstacles.