Grace Natalie Says No Issues with JK: My Statement Was Perfectly Normal
So far, there has been no communication from my side. Of course, I am open to discussion, and I have never had any personal issues with Mr JK. My statement was perfectly normal,” said Grace during a press conference in the Menteng area, Central Jakarta, on Monday (11/5/2026).
Grace also stated that the allegation of video editing was not reported directly by JK. She admitted to being confused about mediating with JK.
Regarding PSI’s refusal to provide legal assistance, Grace said the decision was at her personal request as the party founder.
“In responding to the news that friends have asked about, when last week there was a statement from PSI Daily Chairman Ahmad Ali. So I want to convey that his statement was based on my request as the party founder,” said Grace.
Grace described her video upload as a personal stance as a citizen responding to a viral issue. Therefore, she asked that the matter not be linked to PSI.
“I see my posting as something I did as a member of the public responding to a viral issue. Therefore, as the party founder, I instructed the Daily Chairman, in this case Bang Ahmad Ali, not to involve the party,” she said.
“And I am also optimistic that my video contains no legal violations,” she added.
Grace emphasised that her video upload does not represent PSI. She believes there is no violation in the video she made.
“I did upload my material on my personal social media as a member of the public, and I am confident, optimistic, that there is no legal violation there, so it has nothing to do with PSI, and my statement was perfectly normal,” she said.
Grace’s Admission of Making Video about JK
Grace admitted that she first learned of the JK video controversy from social media and mass media reports. At that time, according to her, many elements of society were already debating the content of the video.
“What’s this, why is there news that Mr JK has been reported by various elements of society, and then there are many videos circulating on social media, on YouTube too. So there was already a lot of pro and contra, many elements of society protesting the video, and that’s when I made a video to respond to the virality of his statement,” said Grace.
She admitted to making the video to respond to the heated public debate regarding JK’s statement. However, Grace emphasised that she never reposted or edited JK’s video.
“In my video, I did not upload or repost Mr JK’s video, I also did not cut or edit it. So I was just responding to Mr JK’s video, where I saw that there was already a lot of controversy circulating in society,” she explained.
“In my video, I said that this is very prone to misuse by groups that might want to legitimise violence, for example. Or I also said there that it would be good for Mr JK to provide an explanation. That’s roughly the essence of my video responding to the virality of Mr JK’s video,” she continued.
She reiterated that she never cut or reposted JK’s video. Grace assessed that many narratives circulating on social media did not originate from her, but were additions like captions and titles from other parties.
“I am optimistic there is no legal violation there; if it’s said to be editing, I see there are many narratives circulating, slandering and so on, I think that’s not right,” she said.