Governor Pramono wants Kuningan area to rival Sudirman-Thamrin corridor
Jakarta (ANTARA) — Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung Wibowo wants the Kuningan area to look comparable to Jalan Sudirman-Thamrin before the capital's 499th anniversary on 22 June.
"Hopefully before 22 June this year, Jakarta's Kuningan area will be more or less on par with Sudirman-Thamrin. There will be pedestrian walkways, proper drainage and better parks," Pramono said at an event titled "One Year of Building Jakarta From the Ground Up" at Taman Bendera Pusaka on Friday.
Pramono noted that the Highways Agency is currently demolishing monorail pillars along Jalan HR Rasuna Said. Once the pillars have been fully removed, he wants the area to be landscaped with parks and improved road layouts.
He expressed hope that Jalan HR Rasuna Said would ultimately become more attractive and free from congestion.
Pramono had previously requested that the monorail pillar removal along Jalan HR Rasuna Said be accelerated. "For the monorail pillars, I had initially targeted completion by September. But after seeing progress on the ground, I asked for it to be sped up," he said.
Pramono explained that whereas a single pillar previously took an entire day to dismantle, he now wants four to five pillars completed per day. He confirmed this pace has already been implemented in the field, meaning the work will be finished considerably sooner.
"As for the cutting work, I happened to pass by yesterday, and what they are currently working on are the concrete-reinforced pillars. These naturally take longer. But the standalone steel pillars have nearly all been cut down," Pramono explained.
The governor also stressed that the Rp100 billion budget is not solely for pillar demolition. The allocation also covers the construction of drainage channels, road improvements, pedestrian infrastructure and the creation of parks.
"Hopefully before 22 June this year, Jakarta's Kuningan area will be more or less on par with Sudirman-Thamrin. There will be pedestrian walkways, proper drainage and better parks," Pramono said at an event titled "One Year of Building Jakarta From the Ground Up" at Taman Bendera Pusaka on Friday.
Pramono noted that the Highways Agency is currently demolishing monorail pillars along Jalan HR Rasuna Said. Once the pillars have been fully removed, he wants the area to be landscaped with parks and improved road layouts.
He expressed hope that Jalan HR Rasuna Said would ultimately become more attractive and free from congestion.
Pramono had previously requested that the monorail pillar removal along Jalan HR Rasuna Said be accelerated. "For the monorail pillars, I had initially targeted completion by September. But after seeing progress on the ground, I asked for it to be sped up," he said.
Pramono explained that whereas a single pillar previously took an entire day to dismantle, he now wants four to five pillars completed per day. He confirmed this pace has already been implemented in the field, meaning the work will be finished considerably sooner.
"As for the cutting work, I happened to pass by yesterday, and what they are currently working on are the concrete-reinforced pillars. These naturally take longer. But the standalone steel pillars have nearly all been cut down," Pramono explained.
The governor also stressed that the Rp100 billion budget is not solely for pillar demolition. The allocation also covers the construction of drainage channels, road improvements, pedestrian infrastructure and the creation of parks.