Government Continues Removal of Assets from Former Hotel Sultan, Demolition Planned
The government is continuing the process of removing goods from the former Hotel Sultan as part of the execution order issued by the Central Jakarta District Court. Kharis Sucipto, legal representative for the Gelora Bung Karno Complex Management Centre (PPK GBK), stated that the removal is underway and items from the hotel complex are being relocated to two separate warehouses. “It is assured that everything will be well maintained until the deadline set by the court, which is six months from the date of the execution report on 18 June 2026,” he said. Should PT Indobuildco wish to retrieve the items, it can coordinate with the Ministry of State Secretariat and PPK GBK. The items being moved range from mattresses and sofas to a piano. An estimated 17,000 cubic metres of goods need to be removed from the hotel area and 8,000 cubic metres from the apartments. On the same occasion, Asep Triyana, Head of the Public Relations, Legal and Administration Division of PPK GBK, said that a post has been opened for former Hotel Sultan employees. The government previously executed the eviction of Block 15, the former Hotel Sultan, on Thursday (18/6). The execution enforced Central Jakarta District Court Decision No. 208/Pdt.G/2025/PN.Jkt.Pst and Determination No. 1/Pdt.Eks/2026/PN.Jkt.Pst concerning the land and buildings of the former Hotel Sultan located in HPL No. 4/Gelora, a state asset under the Ministry of State Secretariat cq PPK GBK. Head of the Danantara Investment Management Agency, Rosan Roeslani, stated on Monday (22/6) that the former Hotel Sultan building in the Gelora Bung Karno complex will be demolished to build a new Indonesian icon area. “At this moment I cannot say, but the plan is to turn it into a new area. Eventually yes (it will be demolished),” Rosan said at the Presidential Palace complex in Jakarta.