Fugitive Fisherman in Bomb Fishing Case in Sikka Finally Captured
The East Nusa Tenggara Regional Police’s Directorate of Air and Sea Police (Ditpolairud Polda NTT) has arrested a fisherman named Umar, 41, in connection with the alleged bombing of fish in Parumaan waters, Sikka Regency, NTT. Umar had previously been on the list of wanted persons (DPO).
‘Yes, the DPO has been secured while he was hiding in Lembata Regency,’ said Dirpolairud Polda NTT Senior Commissioner Irwan Deffi Nasution to detikBali on Tuesday, 19 May 2026.
Irwan explained that the case began when Ditpolairud Polda NTT officers arrested several perpetrators of bomb fishing in Parumaan on 17 January 2026 around 16:45 WITA. However, Umar managed to flee during the arrest.
Police then pursued Umar to his home but did not locate him. The case was subsequently handled by Subditgakkum Ditpolairud Polda NTT and escalated to the investigation stage after an initial case deliberation.
In addition, investigators collected evidence and issued Umar two summonses as a witness. Umar continued to evade.
‘At that time we brought the assembled bomb left at the scene for examination at the Bali Police’s Forensic Laboratory (Bidlabfor) and the results confirmed the material was explosive,’ Irwan said.
Umar was officially named a suspect on 17 April 2026. After that, police issued further summons, but Umar did not attend.
Because he failed to appear, Subditgakkum Ditpolairud Polda NTT designated Umar as a DPO on 12 May 2026.
Following a series of investigations, Umar was finally captured without resistance in Kalikur Village, Buyasuri District, Lembata Regency, on Monday, 18 May 2026 around 20:30 WITA.
After arrest, the man from RT 13, Parumaan Village, Alok Timur District, Sikka Regency, was taken to the Sikka Police Unit to undergo further legal proceedings.
‘We are currently examining him to determine his legal status,’ Nasution concluded.