Former Minister Dito Questioned for Four Hours Over Two New Private Sector Suspects in Hajj Case
Former Youth and Sports Minister Dito Ariotedjo has completed his examination as a witness in the alleged corruption case involving hajj quotas at the Ministry of Religious Affairs for the 2023-2024 period. Dito was questioned regarding two new suspects from the private sector. “This examination was for the new investigation warrant. Previously, I came here for the warrant concerning the first suspects, Gus Yaqut and Gus Alex. This time it involves the private sector. The information provided was supplementary,” Dito said at the KPK’s Red and White building in South Jakarta on Tuesday (30/6/2026). Dito exited the examination room at around 14:08 WIB. He had arrived at the KPK and began being questioned by investigators at 10:00 WIB. Dito stated that the material of today’s examination was not significantly different from his previous questioning on 23 January. He was again questioned about the process of granting additional hajj quotas from the Saudi Arabian government to Indonesia. “It was more about the fact that at that time I was in Saudi Arabia for the meeting with MBS. Coincidentally, my in-laws are also associated with the association. So they dug deeper into that,” Dito said. During the examination on 23 January 2026, the KPK stated that Dito’s testimony had strengthened the evidence held by investigators in the hajj case. “We see that Mr Dito can explain what the investigators need, because at that time Mr Dito travelled to Saudi Arabia with a delegation from the Indonesian Government,” said KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo at the KPK’s Red and White building in South Jakarta on Friday (23/1). Budi mentioned that Dito explained the origin of the additional 20,000 hajj quota received by Indonesia. The quota increase occurred after Indonesia’s 7th President Joko Widodo met with the Saudi Arabian government in 2022. Dito was one of the officials who participated in that meeting. “So, Mr Dito’s testimony certainly helps KPK investigators to complete the evidence that had been obtained previously. Of course, the series of investigations into this case is not finished today,” Budi explained. In this case, the KPK has named four suspects. Their identities are as follows: 1. Former Minister of Religious Affairs Yaqut Cholil Qoumas (YCQ) 2. Yaqut’s former special staff, Ishfah Abidal Azis, also known as Gus Alex (IAA) 3. Director of Operations of PT Makassar Toraja (Maktour), Ismail Adham (ISM) 4. Chairman of the Kesthuri Association, Asrul Azis Taba (ASR).