Facing Rp 300 Trillion Lawsuit Threat, KPK Advises Noel Ebenezer to Focus on Trial
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) suggests that former Vice Minister of Manpower (Wamenaker) Immanuel Ebenezer, commonly known as Noel, should focus more on following the trial process for the alleged extortion case in K3 certification processing at the Ministry of Manpower, without external opinions outside the framework of the case.
This statement was made by KPK Spokesperson Budi Prasetyo in response to Noel’s claim that he will sue the anti-corruption commission for damages amounting to Rp 300 trillion.
“KPK certainly hopes that the individual in question focuses more on attending the trial, more focused within the trial forum itself so that the ongoing legal process can be clearer without opinions that are then built outside the framework of the case,” said Budi at the Merah Putih Building, Jakarta, on Wednesday (29/4/2026).
“Of course, we are convinced that the roles carried out by the relevant parties related to the modus operandi of the alleged extortion against the public who are processing K3 certification are proven by the facts revealed in the investigation process,” he added.
Previously, former Vice Minister of Manpower (Wamenaker) Immanuel Ebenezer claimed he would soon sue the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) civilly and criminally for compensation of Rp 300 trillion.
“I will sue the KPK, yes. Our lawsuit is not half-hearted. We will sue the KPK for Rp 300 trillion,” said Noel, his familiar nickname, at the Jakarta Corruption Court, on Wednesday (29/4/2026).
Noel said he has suffered significant losses after being named a suspect in the alleged corruption extortion case for occupational safety and health (K3) certification processing at the Ministry of Manpower.
However, according to him, the witnesses presented in the trial did not state otherwise.
“I have suffered immaterial losses. Because so far, it has been orchestrated that the extortion results of Immanuel are dozens of cars, then hundreds of billions, then many other things that are framed to me, and that will be the material for my lawsuit,” said Noel.
He also emphasised that if the lawsuit is granted in the future, the Rp 300 trillion he receives will be given to the workers, not for his personal needs.
“And the Rp 300 trillion will be given to fellow workers and those seeking justice. Signed and not a single rupiah will I take for my child, for my wife, and for myself,” Noel added.
Noel said this lawsuit will be filed as soon as possible.