Elderly Man in Deliserdang Detained as Sexual Predator After Molesting 28 Primary School Children
A 65-year-old man identified by his initial L has been detained by the Criminal Investigation Unit of the Medan Metropolitan Police, North Sumatra.
Following police examination, the elderly man is suspected of being a sexual predator who molested at least 28 female primary school pupils in Percut Seituan subdistrict, Deliserdang regency, North Sumatra.
"The results of our in-depth investigation indicate that there are 28 children who have become victims," said Head of the Medan Metropolitan Police Criminal Investigation Unit, Senior Commissioner Bayu Putro Wijayanto, on Saturday (21 February).
Bayu stated that the case came to light after a pupil reported to her class teacher that she had been a victim of abuse.
Upon investigation, it emerged that 28 primary school pupils had fallen victim.
Police examination revealed that the suspect, who is also a toy vendor, deceived the victims by luring them with sums of between Rp2,000 and Rp5,000 (approximately 20-50 pence) as well as their favourite snacks.
"The victims were subjected to indecent acts including being kissed, touched on sensitive areas, and groped. The suspect also secretly photographed the children and stored the images on his mobile phone as a personal collection," he said.
Investigation findings indicate that the indecent acts had been occurring for approximately one year.
Based on police examination thus far, the suspect claimed he molested the children because he was no longer able to have marital relations following a heart stent procedure.
"Police are currently investigating the possibility of additional victims as well as other locations the suspect may have visited whilst selling toys on his rounds. Investigators have also seized the suspect's mobile phone as evidence for digital forensic purposes to trace the stored photographs," he said.
Furthermore, he added, investigators from the Women and Children Protection Unit are coordinating with the school and the victims' parents regarding psychological support arrangements, as some victims are still experiencing trauma and fear following the exposure of the incidents.
"The suspect has been charged with the criminal offence of indecent acts against children as stipulated in Article 415 paragraph b, subsidiary to Article 417 of Law Number 1 of 2023 concerning the Criminal Code," he explained.
Following police examination, the elderly man is suspected of being a sexual predator who molested at least 28 female primary school pupils in Percut Seituan subdistrict, Deliserdang regency, North Sumatra.
"The results of our in-depth investigation indicate that there are 28 children who have become victims," said Head of the Medan Metropolitan Police Criminal Investigation Unit, Senior Commissioner Bayu Putro Wijayanto, on Saturday (21 February).
Bayu stated that the case came to light after a pupil reported to her class teacher that she had been a victim of abuse.
Upon investigation, it emerged that 28 primary school pupils had fallen victim.
Police examination revealed that the suspect, who is also a toy vendor, deceived the victims by luring them with sums of between Rp2,000 and Rp5,000 (approximately 20-50 pence) as well as their favourite snacks.
"The victims were subjected to indecent acts including being kissed, touched on sensitive areas, and groped. The suspect also secretly photographed the children and stored the images on his mobile phone as a personal collection," he said.
Investigation findings indicate that the indecent acts had been occurring for approximately one year.
Based on police examination thus far, the suspect claimed he molested the children because he was no longer able to have marital relations following a heart stent procedure.
"Police are currently investigating the possibility of additional victims as well as other locations the suspect may have visited whilst selling toys on his rounds. Investigators have also seized the suspect's mobile phone as evidence for digital forensic purposes to trace the stored photographs," he said.
Furthermore, he added, investigators from the Women and Children Protection Unit are coordinating with the school and the victims' parents regarding psychological support arrangements, as some victims are still experiencing trauma and fear following the exposure of the incidents.
"The suspect has been charged with the criminal offence of indecent acts against children as stipulated in Article 415 paragraph b, subsidiary to Article 417 of Law Number 1 of 2023 concerning the Criminal Code," he explained.