Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Education Minister reveals discussion with National Nutrition Agency on improving free meals programme

| Source: ANTARA_ID Translated from Indonesian | Social Policy
Education Minister reveals discussion with National Nutrition Agency on improving free meals programme
Image: ANTARA_ID

Minister of Primary and Secondary Education Abdul Mu’ti has stated that he conveyed and discussed several inputs with the Head of the National Nutrition Agency (BGN) to improve the management of the Free Nutritious Meals (MBG) programme. Mu’ti said the discussion took place on Wednesday (1/7) when he received an audience with BGN Head Nanik S Deyang at the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education office in Central Jakarta. “Some time ago we shared experiences and data regarding the implementation of MBG so far and what can be improved so that MBG is on target and beneficial for all students in the future,” Mu’ti said after attending a Tausiah Muharam 1448 H event at the Baitut Tholibin Mosque, Kemendikdasmen, Senayan, Jakarta, on Monday. He said the discussion with BGN was held because school students are the largest beneficiaries of the MBG Programme. The inputs included how to improve the distribution of the MBG Programme to be more targeted and effective, starting from distribution through the Nutrition Fulfilment Service Units (SPPG) to the possible option of utilising canteens in each educational unit. In addition, Mu’ti said they also discussed input regarding the target recipients of the MBG Programme, specifically whether it might be possible for only students who genuinely need it to receive the programme. “Secondly, whether all students must receive it? Whether it is possible, for example, that only students who truly need it receive it,” he said. Lastly, they discussed the distribution of the MBG Programme in the 3T regions (frontier, outermost, and disadvantaged), which have their own geographical challenges. Mu’ti stressed that the discussion has not resulted in any decisions, as they are still waiting for a decision from the President together with the Head of BGN.

View JSON | Print