DTKJ Explains Proposed Integrated Tariff Hike for Transjakarta and Greater Jakarta: Valid for 3 Hours
The Jakarta Transportation Council (DTKJ) has explained the proposed scheme for increasing Transjakarta fares to Rp 5,000 and Transjabodetabek fares to Rp 10,000. The fare scheme at these prices is valid for a three-hour period.
DTKJ Chairman Sugihardjo explained that the proposed fare is already integrated with BRT, non-BRT, and mikrotrans services. Sugihardjo stated that within three hours, users can board Transjakarta and switch to other integrated modes at a fixed fare, without any deductions during transit.
“The Rp 5,000 already includes the integration fare and is valid for 3 hours. So, for instance, if someone’s route is to the office or returning from work and they want to stop off to meet a colleague for coffee before getting back on Transjakarta, they won’t pay again, because it’s valid for 3 hours,” Sugihardjo told reporters on Thursday (9/7/2026).
Sugihardjo said that besides conveying the aspirations of the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government, DTKJ also accommodates public aspirations regarding Transjakarta fares. He noted that the three-hour service duration provides added value for the community.
“DTKJ is an independent body that not only conveys the aspirations of the regional government but also the aspirations of the public. We stand in the middle. Yes, the increase is reasonable because it hasn’t risen in 21 years, but the public must receive added value. What is that added value? Firstly, the service duration changes from a single trip to 3 hours,” he said.
“Previously, it was a single trip, one journey as long as you didn’t leave the bus stop. Now, the benefits are clearly different. Secondly, it was previously a single service; Transjakarta paid separately, BRT paid separately. Mikrotrans was free because it was a trial. Now, it’s Rp 5,000 for everything. If you are within the three-hour window, you don’t pay again, just the Rp 5,000,” he continued.
Sugihardjo stated that as long as the journey does not exceed three hours, there will be no balance deduction even when transiting. “For example, if I tap in for the first time at 07:00 WIB, and I tap in for another service in less than three hours, it won’t be deducted. But if I tap in again after 10:00 WIB, past the three hours, then I will be charged,” he said.
Meanwhile, the plan for the Transjabodetabek fare to become Rp 10,000 will also be integrated with the MRT and LRT. However, thorough preparation is needed as a system update is required if this plan is realised.
“Currently, Transjabodetabek is Rp 3,500. Later, Transjabodetabek will not only be for outer city areas, but users can also enjoy the combination of Transjakarta, BRT, non-BRT, and mikrotrans. We want to push Transjabodetabek, which has been approved by the regional government but is awaiting a gubernatorial decree, including the airport link. So, with Transjabodetabek, if you want to go to the airport or connect to Transjakarta BRT and non-BRT, it’s all Rp 10,000. This is the initial stage. I am pushing for Transjabodetabek to not only be for bus modes. I want to push for the Rp 10,000 to include MRT and LRT as well. So, if you also take the MRT and LRT, it remains Rp 10,000,” he added.
Governor Pramono Reviews Fare Proposal
DKI Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung confirmed he has received the proposal from DTKJ regarding the Transjabodetabek fare adjustment, including a subscription fare scheme for congested corridors. The proposal will soon be reviewed by the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government.
“I have received the proposal. We will discuss it and a decision must be made soon, especially for the Transjabodetabek service to the airport,” Pramono told reporters on Tuesday (7/7).
Pramono said discussions on the Transjabodetabek fare adjustment are also ongoing with the DKI Jakarta Regional People’s Representative Council (DPRD). He acknowledged that the decision has been delayed from the target he previously announced.
“At that time, I promised we would announce it within three months. It has now been more than three months, so we are currently discussing this matter with the DPRD of DKI Jakarta Province,” he said.