DKI Jakarta Waste Sorting Regulation to Take Effect on 10 May
Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung stated that the implementation of this Ingub represents an initial step to promote changes in public behaviour regarding waste management at its source. “Tomorrow, on the 10th, we will begin the implementation of the Ingub that I signed for waste sorting,” said Pramono at Jakarta City Hall on Wednesday (6/5/2026). Pramono explained that the waste sorting programme launch will be combined with the Car Free Day (CFD) activities at that location. Jalan Rasuna Said is also being prepared as one of the new CFD points in Jakarta. “It will be held on Rasuna Said, also marking that Rasuna Said will be prepared to become a Car Free Day like Sudirman-Thamrin,” he said. He hopes that this step can increase public awareness of the importance of waste sorting while expanding healthy and environmentally friendly public spaces. Previously, Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung signed the Governor’s Instruction (Ingub) regarding waste sorting. He stated that this policy will be carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK). “I have signed the Governor’s Instruction for the waste sorting process. In the near future, we will work together with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry for the waste sorting declaration in Jakarta,” said Pramono at Jakarta City Hall on Monday (4/5). He said that waste sorting is a collective movement that will involve the community. “This will be a collective movement. Hopefully, in the near future, it can be carried out massively throughout the administrative cities,” he stated.