Indonesian Political, Business & Finance News

Director General of Immigration Orders Full Cooperation with KPK in Graft Probe

| Source: DETIK Translated from Indonesian | Legal
Director General of Immigration Orders Full Cooperation with KPK in Graft Probe
Image: DETIK

Director General of Immigration Hendarsam Marantoko has stated that his department is open to the legal process being conducted by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK). He confirmed that he has instructed his subordinates to be cooperative during the KPK’s search.

“Yes, as I said earlier, I received the information and reports, and I immediately instructed the officers in the field at that time in Bali to be cooperative,” Hendarsam said at the Ministry of Immigration and Corrections in Jakarta on Monday (22/6/2026).

Hendarsam requested his staff give the KPK the widest possible access so that the case can be thoroughly investigated. “Give the widest access to open this case as broadly as possible so that everything becomes clear,” he stated.

The KPK previously searched the Bali Immigration Office. The search is linked to a case involving limited stay permits for foreign nationals, which has implicated former Deputy Minister of Immigration and Corrections Silmy Karim.

The KPK has named eight suspects in the case, including Silmy Karim, former Acting Director General of Immigration Saffar Muhammad Godam, Director of Stay Permits and Immigration Status Jaya Saputra, and Head of the Sub-Directorate for Transfer of Stay Permits Tessar Bayu Setyaji. Other suspects include Head of the Immigration Stay Permit and Status Directorate Bagus Bramantyo, Head of the Central Jakarta Immigration Office Ronald Arman Abdullah, Head of the Sub-Directorate for Stay Permits Juniadi Sri Priambudi, and Sub-Directorate staff member Gusti Benar.

View JSON | Print