Deputy Manpower Minister Says Ride-Hailing Platforms Are Not Resistant to 8 Percent Commission Cut
Jakarta - Deputy Minister of Manpower Afriansyah Ferry Noor stated that providers of online motorcycle taxi platforms (ojol) are not resisting President Prabowo Subianto’s decision. Prabowo previously set to cut the platform’s commission rate on ojol fares from 20 percent to 8 percent. “So far, it’s all good. Up to now, there has been no (resistance),” Afriansyah said when contacted by Kompas.com on Saturday (9/5/2026). Afriansyah said that the Ministry of Manpower is currently communicating with all related parties, including the platforms. The ministry, he said, is coordinating with parties such as Gojek, Grab, and Maxim. Afriansyah also dismissed rumours that he said the 8 percent cut would be implemented starting in June. “I said it will be implemented soon,” Afriansyah stated. “Soon because everything is being communicated,” he continued. That decision was expressed by Prabowo in Presidential Regulation (Perpres) No. 27 of 2026 on the Protection of Online Transportation Workers. The policy was announced by Prabowo during a speech at the commemoration of International Labour Day at Monas, Central Jakarta, on Friday (1/5/2026). Previously, platforms deducted 20 percent from the ojol passenger fare, while drivers received only 80 percent. “Earlier, the income distribution was 80 percent for drivers, now it becomes a minimum of 92 percent for drivers,” Prabowo said at Monas, Jakarta, on Friday (1/5/2026). Grab Indonesia’s Chief Executive Officer, Neneng Goenadi, said her company is committed to supporting government efforts to improve public welfare. Nevertheless, Grab is still waiting for a copy and will study Presidential Regulation No. 27 of 2026. “At this time, we are still waiting for the official issuance of the Presidential Regulation so that we can review and study further the details of the said directive,” Neneng said in an official statement on Friday (1/5/2026).